Game of Thrones: Season 8

Show didn’t waste any time picking up speed in episode 1. Definitely was interesting to see all the subtle ways they can pit everyone against each other. The scenery was really pretty in this episode with all the snowm etc.

No lie, I was feeding my 3 month old and she was basically asleep when that kid pinned to the wall started screaming. We both jumped :lol2:

So I think the most interesting part of the episode is Jon finding out he's Aegon Targaryen. There's all of this frustration in the North over Jon pledging allegiance to Daenerys and essentially scrapping his crown as King Of The North...but now Bran, Sam, and Jon know that he is actually the rightful King Of The Seven Kingdoms. Will they just sit on that info? Jon is at very least going to have a moral obligation to end his defacto incestual romance with "Aunt Dany". Will he tell her what's going on and why, right off? Will she believe it if he tells her? Obviously Cersei isn't going to accept his claim to the Iron Throne without a fight. Could that lead to a Hound vs. Mountain standoff?

A few other thoughts and questions...

-Why did Arya hold back about using her sword when Jon asked?

-Sansa has a lot to be bitter about. How is that going to impact things?

-What does the Theon & Yara Greyjoy plot have to with anything here? Seems kind of useless thus far in the overall story of things.

-What is the deal with the spiral designs that the Night King & The Army Of The Dead mean? I get it that it's a kind of "Kilroy was here" message to the living, but is there any significance besides that?

-I'm convinced that little Sam plays a role in all of this. He's the last of Craster's sons, and was meant to become a White Walker. I think that will have some significance.

Some theories going around the internet that Littlefinger is still alive. They are suggesting that one of the "Faceless men" was in his body when killed. They present some compelling evidence of this. I'd like it to be true.

So I think the most interesting part of the episode is Jon finding out he's Aegon Targaryen. There's all of this frustration in the North over Jon pledging allegiance to Daenerys and essentially scrapping his crown as King Of The North...but now Bran, Sam, and Jon know that he is actually the rightful King Of The Seven Kingdoms. Will they just sit on that info? Jon is at very least going to have a moral obligation to end his defacto incestual romance with "Aunt Dany". Will he tell her what's going on and why, right off? Will she believe it if he tells her? Obviously Cersei isn't going to accept his claim to the Iron Throne without a fight. Could that lead to a Hound vs. Mountain standoff?

-What does the Theon & Yara Greyjoy plot have to with anything here? Seems kind of useless thus far in the overall story of things.

-What is the deal with the spiral designs that the Night King & The Army Of The Dead mean? I get it that it's a kind of "Kilroy was here" message to the living, but is there any significance besides that?

-I'm convinced that little Sam plays a role in all of this. He's the last of Craster's sons, and was meant to become a White Walker. I think that will have some significance.

I think that Arya didn't tell Jon as she simply doesn't brag. I think that it is meant to be ironic.

I do wonder if we will see Yara again. !00% Theon dies at Winterfell.

The spiral design that the Night King uses has got to be a hint of some kind. I'm just not sure what it is.

I've said the same thing about little Sam.

Tormund's "My eyes have always been blue!" moment was great!

I am really curious how the news will be delivered to Daenerys and how she will take it. If I'm not mistaken, aren't only Targaryen's able to ride dragons? That should be a major telling point, if true.

I didn't even consider it until I watched these.

They use the books for a good bit of the references and subtleties in the episodes (his hummingbird pendant, lines of dialogue along with interviews with G.R. Martin. It is enough to make you go Hmm?? I've linked the most recent theories I've watched.

Edited by theguru
Link Policy

I think the point that Yara brings up about the living having to retreat from Winterfell could be huge. Since the Walkers haven't shown they can cross water, retreating to the Iron Isles could be the only thing that saves the living if they lose the Battle of Winterfell.

Some theories going around the internet that Littlefinger is still alive. They are suggesting that one of the "Faceless men" was in his body when killed. They present some compelling evidence of this. I'd like it to be true.

There are betting lines in Vegas on who will win. Littlefinger was listed at +1000 as of last night so there is definitely some that believe he is alive.

Brann is the favorite +220

I’ve seen that and I am not sure how it can be true. Faceless men are faceless and can assume identities but they can’t just jump right in to a storyline. Plus a faceless man is a skilled fighter. LittleFinger took Needle to the neck with no resistance.

And I hope he is dead that is why I take this stance and refuse to believe that theory. I think those same people say Arya is dead also and the Waif took over her face. I don’t see how that can be true either.

There are betting lines in Vegas on who will win. Littlefinger was listed at +1000 as of last night so there is definitely some that believe he is alive.

Brann is the favorite +220

LittleFinger is not listed on the website that I use. Bran is the favorite on there also. +140.

Jon Snow is +185.

Edited by PurplePride92

I think the point that Yara brings up about the living having to retreat from Winterfell could be huge. Since the Walkers haven't shown they can cross water, retreating to the Iron Isles could be the only thing that saves the living if they lose the Battle of Winterfell.

And Theon is headed to Winterfell to fight with the Starks so if they lose the Battle of Winterfell he will say we need to go to the Iron Islands.