Person Found in Newport Not Timmothy Pitzen

What was his angle?

Great question. I honestly thought, and hoped it was true. What shocks me is how he pulled that name out of his hat and why he thought he would get away with it.

Acting odd in a neighborhood might have gotten him arrested, but using that as an excuse is so remote and random...just too weird.

I feel so badly for the Pitzen family whose hopes were so high.

Hopefully he gets some kind of prosecution.

I agree, but maybe...and I am majorally using my imagination here...maybe he was a childhood victim of abuse...taken so long ago that he had access to the internet and actually thought he might be Timmothy. VERY far fetched I realize, but who knows? Sounds like a book/ movie in the making.

Guy has been in jail for a little while for robbery. This is something out of Law and Order. Very odd, as is the spelling of Timmothy's name.

Looks like the guy is a just a scum bag. Still wonder how/why he used Timmothy’s name and story. Hope he goes to prison for a very long time.

Dude is evil for doing that to that to the Pitzen family.

Saw on CNN where his brother said he’s alway been in trouble at school or with the law since his juvenile years. He said he impersonated him once in a traffic violation and caused him to have his license suspended.

He said he has been diagnosed as bipolar and has Asperger Syndrome. But he added he knew better than to do something like this.

Charged this morning with Making False Statements to Federal Officer.

This is one of the weirdest stories I’ve ever encountered.

I saw that he told officials he did this to get away from his own family and that Timmothy's seemed a lot better than his own dad.

Dude, you're 23... You can get away from your own family without impersonating a missing child.

I keep wondering how he came up with the Timmothy Pitzen name to begin with, and does he know something related to Timmothy and him being kidnapped?

I heard on TV that the story of Timmothy Pitzen was recently featured on another TV show and crime podcast. This makes me think that this guy somehow heard the name through one of those avenues.