Reds at Pirates (4/4 - 4/7)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why did he not play in the post season?

See above. The Dodgers were, and still are after trading Puig and Kemp, totally LOADED in outfield talent. The player who would have been the best outfielder on the Reds last year, was #4 or 5 on the Dodgers depth chart. In fact, I would say the #6 outfielder on last year's Dodger team would have been a top everyday starter for the Reds last year.

Puig is 3 for 24. Are we done with him?

Last year on the Dodgers, Kemp got a few more at bats than Puig, hit about the same number of HR's, had 20 more RBI's and had a batting average that was more than 20 points higher than Puig's. Why are people not hammering on Puig?

Puig is 3 for 24. Are we done with him?

Last year on the Dodgers, Kemp got a few more at bats than Puig, hit about the same number of HR's, had 20 more RBI's and had a batting average that was more than 20 points higher than Puig's. Why are people not hammering on Puig?

Because he is younger and has showed some life plus very good defense. Don't get me wrong, I done with Schebler, big time disappointed in Puig and Winker. We just don't need Kemp.

Because he is younger and has showed some life plus very good defense. Don't get me wrong, I done with Schebler, big time disappointed in Puig and Winker. We just don't need Kemp.

OK. I am good with some of that explanation. And perhaps Kemp is done. Maybe he falls off a cliff like Burfict did on the football field last year. I just think 16 at bats is way too soon to give up on him. You guys might end up with an "I told you so" when it is all said and done and it would not surprise me because Kemp is on the down slope of his career. However, 16 at bats is too soon to make that call. That is my main point.

That really is a big part of what bugs me in these Reds threads - the drama over one bad at bat, one bad play or even one bad game is too much. Baseball is a 162 game marathon.

I'm guessing Pete is not a Puig fan.

Safe or not, Bell misses a big change by not pulling him out of the game right there.

This guy is a slug! Bad news.

My comment was directed at his failure to run out the ground ball.

This "brawl" incident came later. Puig, as a newcomer to the club, needs to learn his place and maintain a low profile and earn respect through performance. Obviously that's not going to happen.

This wasn't his battle and he was totally out of place and out of control - our modern day Cincinnati Reds version of the Bengals Burfict.

People are now upset that Puig stood up for his teammates? The man just can’t win with some people.

There is standing up for your teammates and then there is going overboard. What if the pitch actually would have hit him? And yes, he did look terrible on that D round ball.

There is standing up for your teammates and then there is going overboard. What if the pitch actually would have hit him? And yes, he did look terrible on that D round ball.

And you have no idea what happened or what was said in the scuffle that may have caused Puig to go off. Or do you? I’ll hang up and listen.

And you have no idea what happened or what was said in the scuffle that may have caused Puig to go off. Or do you? I’ll hang up and listen.

Read my lips - The guy is BAD NEWS!!!