CCHDynasty

Covington Catholic 57 Newport 43 (9th Region Semifinals)

First time posting so be kind. :) I was at the game and yes it was physical on both ends. Cov Cath kids are physical and also got "chippy" right along with the Newport kids. I did think Newport had a few tough charging calls called against them, but at the end of the day the difference was Cov Cath's talent over Newport's lack of discipline.....im my opinion.

First time posting so be kind. :) I was at the game and yes it was physical on both ends. Cov Cath kids are physical and also got "chippy" right along with the Newport kids. I did think Newport had a few tough charging calls called against them, but at the end of the day the difference was Cov Cath's talent over Newport's lack of discipline.....im my opinion.

I think that’s a completely accurate assessment. Nice 1st post!

Phantom charge, just a snippet of one bad call. Twitter

I was sitting opposite the players and this video. The video doesnt show it, but he clearly raised his elbow and pushed the CCH kid which is evident by the way he went flying through the paint!

He had jawed at two CovCath players, bent over, put his hands on his knees on the block, and turned to the CovCath student section said something...with the ref between them and him and actually in perfect position. Surprised you missed that from your perfect position.

I will add, in my opinion, unless he let the "f" word fly, the ref should have let it go.

It was an obvious and common profane comment (that I cannot repeat on BGP.) Something you would have expected from Harvey Weinstein but not a young man looking to win a basketball game.

Unfortunately smack talk has been part of Hardings game for years but not sure what he gains from yelling profane sexual comments at a student section.

The T was deserved!

I hate to see the kid sit the rest of the game but good for Coach Sapp for enforcing the school's rule!

Ask anybody who grew up and went to Newport.

I grew up seven blocks from the high school from age 6-17. And I lived across the street from the high school from age 21 to 24. I’ve seen the Wildcats play about four times she wouldn’t of been embarrassed by them every time.

The T was deserved!

I hate to see the kid sit the rest of the game but good for Coach Sapp for enforcing the school's rule!

I am almost positive that Harding sat for about two minutes, then came back in to the game with about 35 seconds left in the 3rd for one offensive possession and one defensive possession. I’m almost certain he returned it to the game and it finished the third quarter.

And in his defense, he did sit at the very end of the bench, next to that one big guy That I’ve been trying to identify all year, But he did clap for his teammates and he was in the huddle Every time a time out was called. It seemed like he was not expecting to be out for the entire fourth quarter. When the backup center fouled out, Taj got up expecting to be called in.

I believe at one point in the first half it was 7-1 in fouls, and in the second at one point it was 5-0. Atleast 2 of the charges seemed to be awful calls. And, what was the FT count in the second half? Seemed awfully lopsided.

It was an obvious and common profane comment (that I cannot repeat on BGP.) Something you would have expected from Harvey Weinstein but not a young man looking to win a basketball game.

Unfortunately smack talk has been part of Hardings game for years but not sure what he gains from yelling profane sexual comments at a student section.

The T was deserved!

If we’re going to slam Harding for smack talking, then, don’t forget to add in Mayer, Thelen, and Disken from CCH. Been to many of CovCath games, and those boys talk a lot of “smack”. Along with shoulder bumps, screaming in the faces of players, and getting handsy after the whistle. It’s how they’re taught. They have a coach who does the same.

And, people can say CovCath doesn’t get a “statewide” whistle, but that’s like saying Duke doesn’t get calls on the road. Just untrue. Don’t be so biased.

Ps. Not saying CCH hasn’t earned the whistle. They are darn good!!

If we’re going to slam Harding for smack talking, then, don’t forget to add in Mayer, Thelen, and Disken from CCH. Been to many of CovCath games, and those boys talk a lot of “smack”. Along with shoulder bumps, screaming in the faces of players, and getting handsy after the whistle. It’s how they’re taught. They have a coach who does the same.

And, people can say CovCath doesn’t get a “statewide” whistle, but that’s like saying Duke doesn’t get calls on the road. Just untrue. Don’t be so biased.

Ps. Not saying CCH hasn’t earned the whistle. They are darn good!!

Lol, you obviously have tunnel vision and only see or comprehend what you choose to.

My comment was not biased. It was simply a response to another post about what Harding said ...

Yes, smack talk is part of many players' games. But yelling profanities at a student section with a ref between you does nothing to get in another player's head and is just ignorant.

He deserevd the T! And kudos to Coach Sapp for honoring the school's rule.

And kudos to Coach Sapp for honoring the school's rule.

Except that I don’t think he did. I’m telling you, Taj made an appearance after the technical was called.

I am almost positive that Harding sat for about two minutes, then came back in to the game with about 35 seconds left in the 3rd for one offensive possession and one defensive possession. I’m almost certain he returned it to the game and it finished the third quarter.

And in his defense, he did sit at the very end of the bench, next to that one big guy That I’ve been trying to identify all year, But he did clap for his teammates and he was in the huddle Every time a time out was called. It seemed like he was not expecting to be out for the entire fourth quarter. When the backup center fouled out, Taj got up expecting to be called in.

I believe all of this is accurate. I also thought Harding played after the T.

I am all for discipline and rules. But when the last game of several players' high school careers are impacted, I would have to rethink the rule in that situation.

Except that I don’t think he did. I’m telling you, Taj made an appearance after the technical was called.

Harding absolutely did not return to the game. Newport has another player with a similar build and height, he checked into the game...

Harding absolutely did not return to the game. Newport has another player with a similar build and height, he checked into the game...

I think you’re wrong man. The technical was his third file. With about 35 seconds left in the third quarter he checked back into the game. I remember thinking to myself “Why would they do that and risk him getting his fourth found the last 30 seconds of the third-quarter?”

I think you’re wrong man. The technical was his third file. With about 35 seconds left in the third quarter he checked back into the game. I remember thinking to myself “Why would they do that and risk him getting his fourth found the last 30 seconds of the third-quarter?”

Agreed - pretty sure he went back in briefly.