futurecoach

Covington Catholic faces backlash after tense exchange with indigenous marchers

Same crowd that was "offended" by the Gillette ad last week.

Maybe they need to go back and watch it more closely.

Those doing it? Don't do it.

Those encouraging it (particularly adults), don't do that.

Those standing idly by (particularly adults), intervene, de-escalate and make this a teachable moment.

For those that don't see this as an extension of the same thing the "crazies" do at sporting events - you are blinded by something. Take a step back and view it objectively. Any "corrective measures" CCH puts in place after this incident (now #trending on Twitter) that doesn't include a crack-down on the "crazies" misses an opportunity and insures that this will continue.

The internet is written in ink.

If I didn't expel them at a minimum they would never be allowed to represent Covington Catholic at another extracurricular event again. Sports included, either as a participant or spectator. They clearly do not know how to do it.

Please, go back and read. My argument was that this kid didn't run into position to impede the man. That is it.

The kid should have moved aside.

Judge away though. It's what you guys do. You need to go back and read post #123. That is my position, it is and it always has been. Kid did a dumb thing by not moving aside. He, the students, the school are paying the price now.

I agree with a lot of what your saying. Before I go any further I have no ties to CCH. I see the kid and the others as being disrespectful, arrogant and a entitled brats. Its not my place to say he or the other kids are racist because they chant "build the wall" or because they wear a MAGA hat. Maybe some are maybe not...I dont know any of them. I would imagine it will be addressed and discipline will be handed down. It's a bad situation that I hope lessons are learned and it doesn't happen again.

So I may have missed it, but why exactly were the CCH students in DC for to begin with? I’m not sure what sort of field trip would include a stop at a protest rally regardless of the cause.

So I may have missed it, but why exactly were the CCH students in DC for to begin with? I’m not sure what sort of field trip would include a stop at a protest rally regardless of the cause.

Attending the March for Life.

Everyone is asking about the chaperones not shutting this down. What about some of the adult onlookers? Including many filming, getting their story, and then competing to be the first to upload? This incident was wrong, but it also went on way longer than it should have. Any adult who was filming it should have instead jumped in and cleared the students away from the man.

Everyone is asking about the chaperones not shutting this down. What about some of the adult onlookers? Including many filming, getting their story, and then competing to be the first to upload? This incident was wrong, but it also went on way longer than it should have. Any adult who was filming it should have instead jumped in and cleared the students away from the man.

It’s 2019, everyone wants views.

Call out culture and internet points. This world is very weird.

As the events are right now the incident has been pretty heated in social media and the news. Imagine if an adult that was not with Cov Cath had stepped in and tried to clear the students away. How would an adult go about doing that. They couldn’t touch the students. That could of went even more south quickly. What would an adult done if the students refused to move? If the student standing in front of the Native American continued to not move or say anything. That’s not going to go well and then could be used to spin the story either way. There is some audio on some of the videos of adults making comments to the students. I believe (I don’t remember exactly what was said) they made comments to the students attempting to get them to disperse.

Well, you can choose to believe they were instigated. I’ll believe they were the obvious aggressors. :thumb:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mariajudy_/status/1086681831804674048?fbclid=IwAR0jvme2CssY58QTVkyZX Ip1QDNouPBbC7aG_etZGidthgaPJ9iK9A6_2UY

https://mobile.twitter.com/mariajudy_/status/1086681831804674048?fbclid=IwAR0jvme2CssY58QTVkyZX Ip1QDNouPBbC7aG_etZGidthgaPJ9iK9A6_2UY

So they're standing there chanting "CCH," the elder gentlemen walks up to them beating his drum and obviously trying to agitate them, but how does that make the students the aggressors?

So you're good with the stare down?

What are you clinging to, and why?

Stare down? What did you want the kid to do? The guy came up wanting to cause a disturbance, and you're mad at a stare down?

"We're here to protest abortions, but we'll be intimidated by a guy playing a drum?"

You’re not watching the same video. Clearly.

At what point does Mr. Phillips walk up and get in the kids face?

Right here.

Sure did, did you because regardless of that statement you still act like you don't see anything a little bit off about the kid's smug stare down, and what it represents.

What did you want him to do? The guy walks up and was obviously wanting to cause some disturbance, so what did you want the kid to do?

Also, there's a video that keeps getting taken down of someone in the crowd calling an African American student from CCH the n word, but the CCH students are the evil ones?

Then, here's the entire video that shows everything:

So what did the CCH kids do that was so racist and has everyone calling for kids to be expelled and for CCH to be blackballed?

What am I not seeing?

So they're standing there chanting "CCH," the elder gentlemen walks up to them beating his drum and obviously trying to agitate them, but how does that make the students the aggressors?

Stare down? What did you want the kid to do? The guy came up wanting to cause a disturbance, and you're mad at a stare down?

"We're here to protest abortions, but we'll be intimidated by a guy playing a drum?"

Right here.

What did you want him to do? The guy walks up and was obviously wanting to cause some disturbance, so what did you want the kid to do?

Also, there's a video that keeps getting taken down of someone in the crowd calling an African American student from CCH the n word, but the CCH students are the evil ones?

Then, here's the entire video that shows everything:

So what did the CCH kids do that was so racist and has everyone calling for kids to be expelled and for CCH to be blackballed?

The man was surrounded by the CCH students before he and the “main” kid were ever close to one another... Can you explain them surrounding him if they weren’t the aggressors?

What exactly about the man’s actions make it obvious that he was trying to agitate them?

What did they do that was so racist? How about doing the tomahawk chop and chant? Are you kidding me?? Please try to find more bogus reasons to justify their pitiful behavior.

“Right here.”

He doesn’t even get close to anybody in that clip, much less in anybody’s face.

Swing and miss...

How can you post the video of them doing the tomahawk chant and then ask what they did that was racist? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Friends, let's just chill. None of us did anything to each other. We're going back and forth about what other people did to another person. We all agree life would be easier had it not happened and that it looks really bad.