Sign in to follow this  
Beechwoodfan

Sous Vide

Learned something new this Christmas...cooking with a Sous Vide. My nephew cooked a wonderful beef tenderloin using this method.

For those who are as ignorant as I am, it is a process where you season you meat, put it in a special bag and then heat it in warm, circulating water. ThenSous Vide keeps the temperature constant. At the end, you take the meat out and sear it. As I said, it was excellent, but then it was tenderloin.

I have seen these showing up on bridal registries. Is this the new thing? Anyone have one and can shed more light on this way of cooking?

I misspelled my thread. Should be sous. Can a mod please fix?

I was wondering what Souls Vide was. I was also wondering what page souls were being directed to. :)

I've seen meat cooked this way on TV and online, and I just think there is no way it could taste anywhere as good as meat from a smoker or grill.

We had tri tip for Christmas dinner cooked this way. It was amazing!

(Tri tip was from Jungle Jim’s)

I've seen meat cooked this way on TV and online, and I just think there is no way it could taste anywhere as good as meat from a smoker or grill.

My husband grumbled about this all Christmas Eve. “BOILED MEAT? THATS NO WAY TO COOK A TENDERLOIN!” He had to admit it was good, but he too loves his grill and smoker.

Sign in to follow this