Thursday Morning Thoughts - 10th Region

Well, things just continue to evolve in this young basketball season.

Pendleton is a pretty good team. Robertson is probably better than they looked last night. That loss might lull some future opponents into a false sense of over-confidence.

Mason gets a W. Bracken probably in the same boat as Robertson. See thoughts above.

Montgomery gets a W over Bourbon.

Brossart quietly chocking up some Ws.

Paris struggling early.

Campbell

GRC

Scott

Pendleton

Robertson

the rest of the pack...who will emerge?

Your thoughts?

Like your thoughts today and as we all know a lot can change over the course of a season. Keep hearing GRC has as much overall talent as anyone in the state. Camels under Russell have developed a perpetual program that may not be deep enough to survive Regionals. After seeing Allen again last night against RC, can't help but anticipate the March show as he tries to carry the Wildcats to Rupp. Going to be an interesting season in the 10th.

Like your thoughts today and as we all know a lot can change over the course of a season. Keep hearing GRC has as much overall talent as anyone in the state. Camels under Russell have developed a perpetual program that may not be deep enough to survive Regionals. After seeing Allen again last night against RC, can't help but anticipate the March show as he tries to carry the Wildcats to Rupp. Going to be an interesting season in the 10th.

Some teams will have more losses because of strength of schedule. But I agree that PC will be a very dangerous team come tourney time.

Some teams will have more losses because of strength of schedule. But I agree that PC will be a very dangerous team come tourney time.

AGREE 100%. I think strength of schedule early in the season is a big reason for some of the records and odd outcomes at this point in the year.

Robertson undefeated before last night, with a weak SOS IMO (Augusta, Fleming, Bracken, and Ripley) and gets whomped by PC.

GRC is 3-2 with losses to #1 team in the 10th (Campbell) and a TOUGH Woodford Co. team. But clearly good enough to win the region.

Bracken had a couple blow out wins before getting spanked by Mason (0-4 at the time).

Mason starts 0-4 with losses to Lex Cath, a 9th region contender in SK, and top 3 team in the 10th Scott High. Then runs the table against Bracken.

I am not a big fan of a weak schedule which produces 20 wins. I get wanting to win but not sure it helps down the road to gain respect within the region and be competitive.

IMO its....

1. Campbell

2. GRC

3. Scott

4. PC

Then 5-10.

How deep does a team need to be to survive regionals?

How deep does a team need to be to survive regionals?

It depends if they can play defense without fouling. Teams typically don't get tired by that point in the season if they aren't deep. Everybody has played a ton all season anyway and the teams you play in the regional are playing on back to back nights too.

I still believe Scott is one of the three best teams, but agree on most everything else.

For Scott to lose only by 14 at Cov Cath without Ohmer says alot about that bunch.

Closer game than I would have thought...

Would love to see Pendleton in some of the showcase events around the state. KOB, etc... I wonder if they got invited to any of the bigger events around the state?

Pretty sure they were invited to the KOB, but declined. I believe they are playing in the Lex Cath tourney.