Sign in to follow this  
StixNStones

32nd District

It appears that SK and Grant are nearly identical in PPG scored and PPG allowed with the majority of SK's points coming from one player, while Grant has 5 starters averaging double digits. WV is scoring slightly less per game than either SK or Grant, they are definitely giving up a lot less points per game than SK or Grant. I would have to give the edge at this time to the stronger defense in the district. What are your thoughts in the 32nd this year?

SK does have one of the best scorers in the Region/State but they have solid ancillary parts. With that being said, the 2 week stretch from 1/4 -1/18 will tell us how it shakes down come tournament time.

WV. No one else has a 6’10” rim protector...

Agreed, but with SK and Grant both shooting 40% from behind the arc a "6'10" rim protector" may not be as big of a factor against these two teams. WV's defense is probably the bigger concern for these two teams.

SK does have one of the best scorers in the Region/State but they have solid ancillary parts. With that being said, the 2 week stretch from 1/4 -1/18 will tell us how it shakes down come tournament time.

I completely agree. It should be fun to watch.

I believe 1 thru 7 WV is the best team in the district. WV has showed they can win without Miles scoring big, can SK win without big numbers from Niece, I don't think so. Grant will have to show me they can beat some good teams, time will tell. Williamstown seems to be out of the equation. Hard to crown a district winner in the middle of December.

I believe 1 thru 7 WV is the best team in the district. WV has showed they can win without Miles scoring big, can SK win without big numbers from Niece, I don't think so. Grant will have to show me they can beat some good teams, time will tell. Williamstown seems to be out of the equation. Hard to crown a district winner in the middle of December.

I am not even close to crowning Grant Co as champs, because I think that Walton wins that district, but how much bigger of a win do you need out of Grant Co than a win at Oldham Co. For me, that is a pretty quality win against a quality opponent.

I don't think anyone is trying to crown a division winner at this stage. WV has 2 (major) things that SK and Grant don't have, 1) Stronger defense 2) a 6'10" inside guy. But SK and Grant both shoot better (as a team) than WV. I would agree with you about Niece, if teams can hold him to 15 pts. or so, SK loses IMO. But that's a tall order, the kid can shoot. I'm not sure where the WV/SK game is being played but I think Grant plays both of them on the road, which doesn't usually bode too well for the traveling team. There should be plenty of excitement in the 32nd this year.

I am not even close to crowning Grant Co as champs, because I think that Walton wins that district, but how much bigger of a win do you need out of Grant Co than a win at Oldham Co. For me, that is a pretty quality win against a quality opponent.

Do we really know how good OC is this year, certainly not the squad they were last year. Like I said, let it play out, I'm actually fine with who ever wins the 32nd.

Do we really know how good OC is this year, certainly not the squad they were last year. Like I said, let it play out, I'm actually fine with who ever wins the 32nd.

I agree with this. Not sure how good OC is yet. But, I’m taking Walton-SK-Grant, in that order. SK is not all KN, as they have nice pieces around him. Do they need him to play wellto win big games, sure, but most teams do. Will be interesting to see how it actually plays out, but right now, I have the Bearcats, Pioneers, then Braves.

I’d go with Walton, SK, then Grant as well. As the old saying goes, you live by the 3 and you die by the 3. I don’t see it lasting for Grant as they faded down the stretch last season too. Oldham is not the team they have been. I saw them play earlier this year and their press isn’t as effective in forcing tempo and turnovers.

I don't think anyone is trying to crown a division winner at this stage. WV has 2 (major) things that SK and Grant don't have, 1) Stronger defense 2) a 6'10" inside guy. But SK and Grant both shoot better (as a team) than WV. I would agree with you about Niece, if teams can hold him to 15 pts. or so, SK loses IMO. But that's a tall order, the kid can shoot. I'm not sure where the WV/SK game is being played but I think Grant plays both of them on the road, which doesn't usually bode too well for the traveling team. There should be plenty of excitement in the 32nd this year.

How do you keep Niece from getting big numbers if you cant figure out how in the heck is he getting them?

I’d go with Walton, SK, then Grant as well. As the old saying goes, you live by the 3 and you die by the 3. I don’t see it lasting for Grant as they faded down the stretch last season too. Oldham is not the team they have been. I saw them play earlier this year and their press isn’t as effective in forcing tempo and turnovers.

In all fairness, Grant lost their starting point guard for the last 15 games last year which could have contributed to their fade.

Sign in to follow this