theguru

Altercation after the 3A State Championship Game involving Central and Corbin

There was no calculated plan to take Central out of their game? Where did that come from?

Okay.

4. A Corbin teammate pulled him away from the Central players and they wrestled around on the ground with each other because one thought the other was acting like a punk. These two are actually the best of friends.

Thanks for clarification. All I could wonder is why are they fighting and why was this not mentioned. Makes sense now. Thanks.

The Corbin kid is 100% at fault. He should have never taken the physical route. IMO the Central kids were protecting their own.

That's a valid point.

The kid from Corbin started the fracas, everything from that point, while unfortunate, was reaction. No need to indict an entire program over one incident. Those kids made mistakes, and I hope they are dealt with, but it really isn't anything more than that, IMO.

I have nothing but respect for Central, and to call them dirty or anything resembling that doesn't match my observations. And I've seen them quite a bit. Nobody from EKY has seen Central more over the past decade than Belfry. The two have played in some very intense games, with high stakes. I've never seen the kids from Central be anything other than good sports and competitors. They don't play dirty, at least not from what I have witnessed first hand.

I wish I had the picture, but I remember both teams coming together on the field at WKU for a prayer, post game following one of the heart-breaking losses. I think it was the 2011 game that Central won 15-14.

No need to indict an entire program over one incident..

Well, we are about 10 months removed from that other "one incident".

I'm not familiar. What happened?

Lexington Metro should be taking charges out on the kid from Corbin. Disgusting.

Agreed.

With that said, there is nothing criminal that went on in my opinion. Just a bunch of teenagers acting or reacting foolishly.

How can you even think this?

He's not a bad kid and is a really good student, but may need some anger management classes.

Good kids don’t do stuff like this. I’m surprised how anyone can try and downplay this kid’s actions.

Lexington Metro should be taking charges out on the kid from Corbin. Disgusting.

Agreed.

I agree guys.

The event was over, a fight is a fight, and we should all be treated the same at that point.

I agree guys.

The event was over, a fight is a fight, and we should all be treated the same at that point.

Yup. That’s not a scrap over a cheap shot at the whistle. That’s a kid celebrating what will probably be one of the top 5 moments in his life and he had it tainted by some punk who couldn’t handle losing.

What is this other incident I have heard some referring to?

What is this other incident I have heard some referring to?

Andrew Taylor's infamous video regarding Knox Central. Not hard to find. Resulted in his suspension. May or may not have contributed to his short stay at Furman.