theguru

Altercation after the 3A State Championship Game involving Central and Corbin

If some of the offending players are seniors, how do you hand out the penalties for players that wont be there next year?

The school can always enforce their own penalties.

If some of the offending players are seniors, how do you hand out the penalties for players that wont be there next year?

Like any other violation of school rules at a school sponsored event. You fight you get suspended from school or something similar.

WKYT has some pretty complete video footage of the altercation, shown at the end of this story: Central holds off Corbin 20-19 in thriller to win Class 3A state title

Per the end of the story, the altercation began with a Central player taunting a Corbin player, then the Corbin player swung at the Central player. The video shows a Corbin standing over top of a Central player and swinging at him, then a Central player comes flying in from out of frame taking a swing at the Corbin player, then there is a rush of players at least one or two more Central players seen taking swings at Corbin players.

Not sure that this is "complete footage of altercation". Didn't show the alleged taunt that I could see. Like others have stated, a doggone shame a great game was tarnished a little.

Not sure that this is "complete footage of altercation". Didn't show the alleged taunt that I could see. Like others have stated, a doggone shame a great game was tarnished a little.

...I said "pretty complete footage".

It did not show the first 20-30 seconds of video that I saw. The Corbin player that was knocked down from behind and repeatedly kicked and stomped by 5 players could have been seriously hurt.

It did not show the first 20-30 seconds of video that I saw. The Corbin player that was knocked down from behind and repeatedly kicked and stomped by 5 players could have been seriously hurt.

Where is that video...is it online someplace.

Seems to be a lot more nastiness seeping up on this one.

Does someone have the "extended" video?

I wish I could remember what happened that caused them to send out the email about handshakes.

I'm thinking it was basketball-related but can't remember for sure.

Melissa Haddix: the woman behind the coach | Local Sports | thetimestribune.com

I wonder if this played any role in the Central player's interactions with the crowds?

"You know, Corbin has an excellent coaching staff, and they always have. Behind those coaches, is a pretty impressive set of wives," she said. "On Friday nights at Campbell Field you'll notice on the front row me and a few women, and most of them are coaches' wives. We decide prior to the game and we know which player we are going to heckle."

-Melissa Haddix

The Coach's wives are handpicking high school players on the other team to heckle??!?!?!?

Melissa Haddix: the woman behind the coach | Local Sports | thetimestribune.com

I wonder if this played any role in the Central player's interactions with the crowds?

"You know, Corbin has an excellent coaching staff, and they always have. Behind those coaches, is a pretty impressive set of wives," she said. "On Friday nights at Campbell Field you'll notice on the front row me and a few women, and most of them are coaches' wives. We decide prior to the game and we know which player we are going to heckle."

-Melissa Haddix

The Coach's wives are handpicking high school players on the other team to heckle??!?!?!?

Good Lord, that's incredibly embarrassing and sad.

If heckling high school athletes is forbidden, the KHSAA better send an alert out to all high schools. Basketball season is here and there will be heckling.

Good Lord, that's incredibly embarrassing and sad.

Let me be clear.. after watching HS Football for 30 years what she is describing happens fairly regularly. Coaches wives are typically the most vocal and most "intense" fans in the stands.

What she is describing is not rare.... but with that said.... no coach's wife should ever admit to doing this. EVER!

It's incredible she openly admitted that. Yikes. :lol2:

If heckling high school athletes is forbidden, the KHSAA better send an alert out to all high schools. Basketball season is here and there will be heckling.

There is a difference in Joe Fan or Joe Student Section heckling and the Head Coach's wife, no?

Additionally, coming out in the media and being proud of it is certainly a case study all it's own.

Let's establish I don't know this is what led to these events Friday or if this was any way remotely involved, but definitely an eye opening quote.

Let me be clear.. after watching HS Football for 30 years what she is describing happens fairly regularly. Coaches wives are typically the most vocal and most "intense" fans in the stands.

What she is describing is not rare.... but with that said.... no coach's wife should ever admit to doing this. EVER!

Oh, I know it's not rare, and not exclusive to just her, but it's nonetheless embarrassing and sad each and every time.

That she would proudly admit that is even more pathetic IMO.