Funny how some are hating on the Brossart schedule yet the Mustangs, along with the Camels and Scott, still make up the toughest district (by far!) in the 10th Region. Those three teams again in the top 5 of the region this year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how some are hating on the Brossart schedule yet the Mustangs, along with the Camels and Scott, still make up the toughest district (by far!) in the 10th Region. Those three teams again in the top 5 of the region this year.

It's not very hard to question that schedule though. And I never saw anyone downplaying this district.

• 3 weeks later...

Who are you suggesting they should be scheduling so that it's not embarrassing? They have Newport, NCC, Beechwood, Holmes, Highlands, Mason, Pendleton, plus their district games. I have to assume you mean CovCath and Cooper? The schedule seems competitive to me.

I agree with this. Newport, Beechwood, Highlands, and Pendleton are all good sufficient games for the Mustangs. I assume people want them to either play heavy hitters like CCH/Cooper or go around the state more. Silliness. Code will have them ready no matter who they play.

Who are you suggesting they should be scheduling so that it's not embarrassing? They have Newport, NCC, Beechwood, Holmes, Highlands, Mason, Pendleton, plus their district games. I have to assume you mean CovCath and Cooper? The schedule seems competitive to me.

Have yourself a gander at post 6 from the thread.

The scheduling has been a complaint from former players for some time now. This program has regressed - probably due to enrollment at the school going down.

This program has no business playing Ludlow, Dayton, Bellevue, Villa. They used to have Ryle, Dixie, Boone, CovCath.

This program has embraced the All A.

In our defense, the Boone County schools won't play us. We do scrimmage Boone County. We played Ryle last year in the Swauger Tourney at Bellevue and defeated them 63-41.

Covington Catholic dropped us when we knocked them off in 2005 and 2007 on their senior nights while they were ranked Number 1 in Northern Kentucky, both times stealing that distinction from them. Even if we would want to play CovCath, unless Mr. Rowe, a former Brossart JV Coach would dictate it, you just don't call up CovCath and get on their schedule.

Also remember that games are scheduled on two-year, home and home contracts and that we were rebounding from a 10-20 season in 2016-17 and were still very young last year.

We also have Garrard County, South Oldham, probably Lv Iroquois on our schedule, in the Grant County and Henry County Holiday Tournaments and should we make the "A" State, you never know who you will run into there.

Take a look at our sister school, St. Henry's schedule - Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow, and Villa all present and accounted for.

Remember also that these smaller schools need to fill their schedules as well, and we are their next viable option, outside of playing their DIII and District schedules. Could be that we are helping them out.

A wise old coach once told me, "when scheduling you should play 1/3 of your games where you don't know who's going to win (aka coin flip games), 1/3 of your games should be wins and the last 1/3 of your games are difficult to win." Some years, obviously, are harder than others, but I always liked this formula. In my eyes, Bishop Brossart does this every season.

In our defense, the Boone County schools won't play us. We do scrimmage Boone County. We played Ryle last year in the Swauger Tourney at Bellevue and defeated them 63-41.

Covington Catholic dropped us when we knocked them off in 2005 and 2007 on their senior nights while they were ranked Number 1 in Northern Kentucky, both times stealing that distinction from them. Even if we would want to play CovCath, unless Mr. Rowe, a former Brossart JV Coach would dictate it, you just don't call up CovCath and get on their schedule.

Also remember that games are scheduled on two-year, home and home contracts and that we were rebounding from a 10-20 season in 2016-17 and were still very young last year.

We also have Garrard County, South Oldham, probably Lv Iroquois on our schedule, in the Grant County and Henry County Holiday Tournaments and should we make the "A" State, you never know who you will run into there.

Take a look at our sister school, St. Henry's schedule - Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow, and Villa all present and accounted for.

Remember also that these smaller schools need to fill their schedules as well, and we are their next viable option, outside of playing their DIII and District schedules. Could be that we are helping them out.

Mustang, are all of the boys at Saints Peter & Paul in 8th grade going to be heading to Brossart? They have a very nice crop of young men in that class, which I think is a bit of an outlier for that small school from up on the hill.

Mustang, are all of the boys at Saints Peter & Paul in 8th grade going to be heading to Brossart? They have a very nice crop of young men in that class, which I think is a bit of an outlier for that small school from up on the hill.

The Sts. Peter & Paul families have a solid pipeline to Brossart, as do the St. Phillip and St. Mary's parishoners. The main ones that are wishy-washy are St. Joe in Cold Spring. Brossart is their district high school, but some at SJ get pulled toward Newport Catholic when NCC crosses boundaries and lures them away.

The Sts. Peter & Paul families have a solid pipeline to Brossart, as do the St. Phillip and St. Mary's parishoners. The main ones that are wishy-washy are St. Joe in Cold Spring. Brossart is their district high school, but some at SJ get pulled toward Newport Catholic when NCC crosses boundaries and lures them away.

Where is the Gibson kid from the Blue Jays heading?

While some of that still goes on, I feel that we have established ourselves well enough by now that the kids at St. Joe are smart enough by the time comes to go to high school to make an informed choice on where their best opportunities lie. Many of the high school choices are the result of family ties.