BigTuna6

Problems at Ryle?

I'm hearing through the grapevine that there may have been some serious issues at a Ryle practice this week.. Haven't seen anything on here about it. Can anyone confirm?

I'm hearing through the grapevine that there may have been some serious issues at a Ryle practice this week.. Haven't seen anything on here about it. Can anyone confirm?

The football program appears to be at an all time low so that is definitely a problem at Ryle and when you have a major problem like that other problems tend to get exposed.

What did you hear @BigTuna6 ?

The football program appears to be at an all time low so that is definitely a problem at Ryle and when you have a major problem like that other problems tend to get exposed.

What did you hear @BigTuna6 ?

From what I've heard, they had an event at practice the other day that resembled more UFC than high school football... but I haven't been able to have more than one person confirm so at this point I'm taking it as rumor.

Hoping one of the Ryle faithful can confirm/deny.

From what I've heard, they had an event at practice the other day that resembled more UFC than high school football... but I haven't been able to have more than one person confirm so at this point I'm taking it as rumor.

Hoping one of the Ryle faithful can confirm/deny.

So are you saying that this was a scheduled part of the practice?

My significant other is a coach there (another sport) and told me about it the other day. It was player on player and coach on coach according to their account. Another story coming out of there a couple weeks ago were one of the defensive coaches used some colorful language directed at the Girls head soccer coach about the use of the field. This is alleged to have happened in plain view of the girls, and football players. So there is for sure some spill over from a down year.

My significant other is a coach there (another sport) and told me about it the other day. It was player on player and coach on coach according to their account. Another story coming out of there a couple weeks ago were one of the defensive coaches used some colorful language directed at the Girls head soccer coach about the use of the field. This is alleged to have happened in plain view of the girls, and football players.

This is what I heard as well.

So are you saying that this was a scheduled part of the practice?

No not scheduled. Sounds like a fight that got out of hand.

All I heard was a player was upset because he wasn't scoring enough touchdowns and quit.

I just assumed that was some kind of joke and laughed it off.

If all that happened at a Ryle practice (again if) I would fire the head coach (because he is ultimately accountable) and then investigate it to see who else needs to be fired.

If all that happened at a Ryle practice (again if) I would fire the head coach (because he is ultimately accountable) and then investigate it to see who else needs to be fired.

I've heard an assistant was let go but again, I cannot confirm that.

I know nothing about any of this but if a fight broke out between players at practice why would you fire the coach just on that alone? Shouldn't you fire him for the way he handled it not because two kids got in a fight? He can't control the fact they went at it but he can control how it was broken up and handled thereafter? Simple saying he should be fired because it happened doesn't make sense. Again, I know nothing of the situation. I would just hate for me as a Coach in another sport at another school be fired because a kid did something stupid that I couldn't control.

I heard that not just a fight broke out, but kids were swinging helmets and one kid got a broken nose. It started between the offense and defense line but quickly escalated to a dangerous situation. My son was a senior last year and has many friends still on the team.

I know nothing about any of this but if a fight broke out between players at practice why would you fire the coach just on that alone? Shouldn't you fire him for the way he handled it not because two kids got in a fight? He can't control the fact they went at it but he can control how it was broken up and handled thereafter? Simple saying he should be fired because it happened doesn't make sense. Again, I know nothing of the situation. I would just hate for me as a Coach in another sport at another school be fired because a kid did something stupid that I couldn't control.

We agree that one is for a coach to handle.

However, that was only one of the three "allegations" here.

Coach on Coach whatever it was and especially anything "colorful" directed at the Girls Soccer Coach in earshot of the girls and boys sound over the line.

Again, if all that happened.

And if all that happened it sounds like a lack of institutional control and definite grounds for termination.

Think of it this way, suppose there is another incident with the Girls Soccer Coach/Girls Soccer Team and there is a history that wasn't addressed. That is called get your checkbook out and add some zeros. Again, if all that happened.

I am sure Tuner's Angels are on the case.

I heard that not just a fight broke out, but kids were swinging helmets and one kid got a broken nose. It started between the offense and defense line but quickly escalated to a dangerous situation. My son was a senior last year and has many friends still on the team.

Again if it happened (and I am not doubting you or anyone here) that is a definite case of lack of institutional control and grounds for termination.

We agree that one is for a coach to handle.

However, that was only one of the three "allegations" here.

Coach on Coach whatever it was and especially anything "colorful" directed at the Girls Soccer Coach in earshot of the girls and boys sound over the line.

Again, if all that happened.

And if all that happened it sounds like a lack of institutional control and definite grounds for termination.

Think of it this way, suppose there is another incident with the Girls Soccer Coach/Girls Soccer Team and there is a history that wasn't addressed. That is called get your checkbook out and add some zeros. Again, if all that happened.

I am sure Tuner's Angels are on the case.

Fair enough, and yes that coach should be let go for that if indeed that happened.