PurplePride92

Highlands 44 Lexington Catholic 27

HHS still is not utilizing players both ways. In this game it worked out and they wore down the two way Lex Cath. players. If they want to contend in 5A that needs to change.

HHS is a 4A size school playing up into 5A so the best players need to be on the field more to compete.

I get that playing only one way helps reduce injuries and guys get more time to learn positions and rest in games but to compete in 5A they need there best on the field.

HHS still is not utilizing players both ways. In this game it worked out and they wore down the two way Lex Cath. players. If they want to contend in 5A that needs to change.

HHS is a 4A size school playing up into 5A so the best players need to be on the field more to compete.

I get that playing only one way helps reduce injuries and guys get more time to learn positions and rest in games but to compete in 5A they need there best on the field.

The best part is they can do that just by using Huddy some on offense. That would swing them halfway closer to 100% skill utilization. Plus it would make the opposing defense waste time on preparation.

Kramer was 18/25 274 yards 1 td.

Roberts 4 catches 92 yards.

Ahlfeld 5 catches 102 yards.

Schwalbach had 47 yards rushing 2 tds.

I was very impressed with Kramer. This was the first time I had seen him play. I liked that kid and I like #1 on defense for Highlands. He was fun to watch.

In the PrepSpin video they mentioned the tight end from Highlands. Is he being recruited by anybody?

Next week will be a good one as SK comes to Fort Thomas!

Not gonna be a good night for the Pioneers.

Kramer was 18/25 274 yards 1 td.

Roberts 4 catches 92 yards.

Ahlfeld 5 catches 102 yards.

Schwalbach had 47 yards rushing 2 tds.

I said it earlier and I will say it again. Hunter A. and Nate R and the rest of the receivers are becoming what we know they would be. Grady keeps getting better and better every week. He dropped some dimes tonight that the receivers brought in over there shoulders. If it was a battle of QBs tonight Grady wins that one hands down. Nice team win tonight Birds.

HHS 59 plays

To

LC 96 plays

Need to figure out how to even that up and help the defense out!

I didn't watch this, but I plan on going back to watch it. Sounds like this was a good one to test Highlands' mettle.

The Birds come away on the positive side of a good win against a very solid team. They're able to be tested by a strong competitor, make adjustments at halftime, and come out after the half to head home with a strong win. That's a good thing for most any football team. This was a building block for the rest of the Highlands season.

I said it earlier and I will say it again. Hunter A. and Nate R and the rest of the receivers are becoming what we know they would be. Grady keeps getting better and better every week. He dropped some dimes tonight that the receivers brought in over there shoulders. If it was a battle of QBs tonight Grady wins that one hands down. Nice team win tonight Birds.

The deep pass to Ahlfeld was a nice pass.

HHS 59 plays

To

LC 96 plays

Need to figure out how to even that up and help the defense out!

What would you suggest? I was very impressed with Highlands defense against a very potent LexCath offense.

Glad to see Highlands getting back to their old ways. It just doesn’t feel right when they’re struggling as a program.

Them and Trinity, like the Twilight Zone.

I definitely agree on Highlands' fitness level.

My first few years working out in NKU's gym..... ugh a decade plus ago..... I was bigger than most(kinda meat headish).

I could always tell who the new Highlands guys were. Props to them and that fitness program. They were ready to play, just tell them what. Guys notice stuff like that.

Announcers kept talking about the constant pressure on Allen that was coming from a well disguised blitz on every play. Said Allen's snap count never varied and gave the Bird's defensive blitzer a head start on every play. If true, thumbs up for the Bird's coaches and thumbs down for LexCath.