Collar7

Most Overrated Restaurants

Red Lobster is the one restaurant that I can go to, dine, spend $55-$60 and leave there hungrier than before I got there. Talk about too much price for too little. Rather eat at Captain D’s.

Depends on what you get but yes.

I don’t really think any restaurant is overrated. I am pretty open to anything and can always find something to eat. :lol2: I don’t have very high expectations. As long as you get my order right, or make it right if you didn’t, I’m good.

Red Lobster is the one restaurant that I can go to, dine, spend $55-$60 and leave there hungrier than before I got there. Talk about too much price for too little. Rather eat at Captain D’s.

Fill up on the Cheddar Garlic Biscuits. They are the best thing about Red Lobster.

Fill up on the Cheddar Garlic Biscuits. They are the best thing about Red Lobster.

Im the one guy that doesnt like them probably, but I dont like garlic either.

Ley me add, any of the "chicken finger" places, like Canes. I like chicken fingers ok and get them sometimes at places (Hardee's about the best I've had by the way) but the way some guys carry on about places like Canes, makes you think they are eating at a 5 star restaurant in France.

Best steak I ever had was quite a few years ago at Walt's Hitching Post before it closed and reopened. I could cut that thing with a butter knife. I have relation that tell me Walt's is very good now and others that tell me it's highly overrated. I'll need to check it out myself.

For my 40th birthday (5 years ago) family took me too Walt's Htchin Post. I had the ribs and we had about one of everything on the menu. There ribs were not even close to great, average at best. Nothing there impressed me at all. Should have just cooked at home!

That being said, I know it's everyone's opinion. But I rarely eat at a place that impresses me.

Dunkin Donuts. Their coffee is only okay. Their lattes aren't good at all. And their food, including donuts, are tasteless.

Ley me add, any of the "chicken finger" places, like Canes. I like chicken fingers ok and get them sometimes at places (Hardee's about the best I've had by the way) but the way some guys carry on about places like Canes, makes you think they are eating at a 5 star restaurant in France.

:laugh: Give Guthrie's a try. Tastier than Cane's, IMO.

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding how places like Chick fil a and Chipotle are overrated.

Chick fil a is easily better than any other fast food chick and not over priced. How is that overrated?

At Chipotle you can get a burrito or bowl for $7. Unless you just hate the taste how can a $7 burrito as big as your head be overrated?

Because so many people hype them like they're the best thing going when they're just okay to many of us. Chick-fil-A is alright, but I've had spicy chicken sandwiches from places like Wendy's that are pretty much as good. Chick-fil-A's biggest problem is their lack of good sides.

Chipotle is alright, but Moe's and Hot Heads are every bit as good if not better. Plus, you don't constantly hear of them giving their customers E. coli or other forms of food poisoning. A $7 value ain't worth the risk of hemolytic uremic syndrome which is what you get if you have a serious enough E. coli infection.

Chipotle is alright, but Moe's and Hot Heads are every bit as good if not better.

I have an issue with a mexican place charging me for chips and salsa. Moes gives free chips and salsa while Chipotle, Hot Heads, and Qudoba charge me for chips and salsa.

For my 40th birthday (5 years ago) family took me too Walt's Htchin Post. I had the ribs and we had about one of everything on the menu. There ribs were not even close to great, average at best. Nothing there impressed me at all. Should have just cooked at home!

That being said, I know it's everyone's opinion. But I rarely eat at a place that impresses me.

We went to walts a couple weeks ago and the ribs were tough and not very meaty. I took most of mine home and redid them the next night. They were fall off the bone then!

Montomgery inn, without question.

Walts can go on the list too. Food wasnt good years ago.

Chop House is pretty consistently good, though expensive.

So, it is not overrated?