Sign in to follow this  
JDEaston

5A #4 South Oldham vs. 2A #2 Christian Academy of Louisville

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• South Oldham
    • Christian Academy of Louisville

South Oldham is coming off from back to back seasons that could be considered the best in school history. This season looks to be much of the same for the Dragons, however like last season the first two weeks will provide tough opponents right out of the gate. Last season CAL got the best of the Dragons posting a 28-14 win at home. However this season South Oldham is looking for revenge at home before traveling to Doss. Who wins this one and why?

EDIT: Could a mod please add a poll?

Edited by JDEaston
Poll Needed

Great opening week match up. Both teams will get quality work in this game. Could go either way, could be close, or not close at all, with either team being on either side.

South Oldham is coming off from back to back seasons that could be considered the best in school history. This season looks to be much of the same for the Dragons, however like last season the first two weeks will provide tough opponents right out of the gate. Last season CAL got the best of the Dragons posting a 28-14 win at home. However this season South Oldham is looking for revenge at home before traveling to Doss. Who wins this one and why?

EDIT: Could a mod please add a poll?

I would say that, without a doubt, the class of 2017 at South was the best group ever. They won more games in four years than any class had at South, ever.

An argument could be made that the team that mode it to the state SF with RB Donnell Gordon was the best single team to play at South, but the class of 2017 clearly set a new four-year standard in Crestwood that has really set the bar high for future classes.

As for this game, both teams have some serious questions that have to be answered. The answers will start to come this Friday.

This game to me will be decided in the trenches. South Oldham returns all 3 RB's and the leading receiver from last season on offense but lost 5 of 6 OL (including the TE). The OL will be young but have great coaching to help prepare them. The defensive line returns only DE Jack Herold as Tyrelle Love has transferred out of state. The LB's and DB's for the Dragons should be solid with a lot of returning experience.

CAL is big and solid up front on both sides of the ball. Having Milton Wright and Brett Babin running the ball behind those big horses is a tough task for anyone to stop. CAL will also be very big and aggressive on the defensive line and, I believe, will be coming after Souths running game, forcing South to beat CAL passing. Lets see if new Dragon QB Anthony Pierce and the rest of the Dragon offense is up to the task. And can the South defensive line slow down CAL's running game. Should be fun to see those match-ups in the trenches. Go Dragons!!

I have to go with SO on this one. Cal has lost their starting qb and I expect the Dragons to get revenge.

This one will be broadcast by Pegasus Sports, beginning with a pregame at 7 pm. Live video coverage at The Pegasus Sports Network - PSN. Game will also be archived for a year.

Best of all worlds? GO TO THE GAME AND ENJOY....then watch the archive later at your leisure....

CM