Sign in to follow this  
True blue (and gold)

Meade County 2018/2019

The big question is who will fill the shoes of Aidan Matthews, who is now playing at Asbury University. Matthews was a dynamic player who was the 3rd Region's only AP All-State Player last year (Honorable Mention). Replacing his 20 Pts and 8 Rebs a game will probably not come from one player, but will need to come from the team collectively (especially the scoring).

Sr. Chris Armstead needs to show that he can consistently score the ball this year. He transferred to Meade Co. last year and there was a definite adjustment period. He did show an ability to affect the game at times, but he needs to do more damage out on the wing. Spending time on the AAU circuit this past summer should help some. They also have a couple of really young guards who got tons of experience last year as 8th graders.

Sr. Chezney Weick has the athletic ability to be physically dominant at the forward position in the 3rd Region and I'm sure the coaches are hoping that he gets closer to reaching his full potential this year.

Crump is another Sr. forward (an occasional previous starter) who missed all of last year due to injury and could be a key factor for the Green Wave this year. Though I'm not sure how far along his recovery is at this time or what his role will be.

The big question/key I believe is offense. The team appears to be quicker and a bit more athletic (overall) than last year, so will they press more with the hope of creating transition opportunities? That would be my guess.

Meade will certainly turn to a new chapter after losing James Baker (Morehead St.) a couple years ago and Aidan Matthews (Asbury) last year. Will be interesting to see if anyone can step in and pick up where those two left off.

Sign in to follow this