UKMustangFan

Why Does Crying Make Someone Weak?

I have no problem with people crying.

It depends on why I guess.

If it’s a death I can see that.

If it’s over an election, SAD and no excuse.

People can’t be concerned over the direction of their city, county, state, or nation?

Seems more important than sports or movies.

Tough crowd.

Didn’t you say you had no problem with people crying? :lol2:

People can’t be concerned over the direction of their city, county, state, or nation?

Tough crowd.

If they cry over family, tragedy, etc I can see.

If they cry over an election then get over it and move on.

I have cried over JFK jr getting killed in plane crash, Dale Earnhardt dying, birth of my kids, etc.

Never something I can do over, like a test, or stupid stuff like who wins an election.

Tough crowd.

sure you can. But if you cry over it you are emotionally weak. No different than a sports fan crying over their team losing or getting angry over their team losing. It's ok to get upset but I'm talking those that get break stuff mad and can't get over it after a few minutes.

Watching the draft and they were talking about the LSU running back that fell to the late 2nd round and said one of the reasons he fell was because he couldn’t keep his emotions in check and was emotionally weak.

Watching the draft and they were talking about the LSU running back that fell to the late 2nd round and said one of the reasons he fell was because he couldn’t keep his emotions in check and was emotionally weak.

Something tells me we aren’t talking about a guy who cries sometimes.

Something tells me we aren’t talking about a guy who cries sometimes.

I have no idea, just happened to be watching when they said it and thought it pertained.

He is the one who said teams asked him some very controversial questions and the NFL opened in an investigation. They could not confirm it was true.

I have cried over JFK jr getting killed in plane crash, Dale Earnhardt dying, birth of my kids, etc.

Never something I can do over, like a test, or stupid stuff like who wins an election.

You cried over a NASCAR driver, but someone crying over an election that might actually affect their life doesn’t make sense to you? :lol2:

The last time I cried would have been my last high school basketball game.

I don't cry at funerals - i view deaths as part of life and therefore I chose to celebrate that I got to live with the individual.

I think crying over matters of politics, sports that you are not a direct participant, and deaths of celebrities is petty.

I'm not trying to cast stones, but I personally think crying over a race car driver who professionally drives a vehicle at 200mph in close proximity to other vehicles is stupid stuff. Race car drivers have a career that constantly risks death to a high degree, and Earnhardt died. That's how I see that, and I don't understand crying over that for even a second.

To each their own. Who cares why anyone else cries? Let them cry if they want to. It's not any of anyone's business why or why not, and it's not hurting you if someone else is crying.

You cried over a NASCAR driver, but someone crying over an election that might actually affect their life doesn’t make sense to you? :lol2:

I guess I’m a wuss like todays kids.

I was sad to see their family tragedy, especially the Kennedy family and Dale Sr died trying to help his kid win the Daytona 500.

I guess I’m a wuss like todays kids.

I was sad to see their family tragedy, especially the Kennedy family and Dale Sr died trying to help his kid win the Daytona 500.

What is wussy about a kid stressing over their exams, their GPA, and their future?

What is wussy about a kid stressing over their exams, their GPA, and their future?

Nothing. Crying is usually a reaction to something you are really invested in. Whether it's tears of joy or tears of sadness, if it means a lot to you, crying over losing it, failing it or whatever, is a natural reaction. And different people get invested in different things. Sporting events involving your favorite team, loss of family members or people close to you, or passing/failing an important class to your degree all can qualify as that type of event. It has nothing to do with toughness or being a wussy. And different things fall into that category for different people.

Sometimes I can wonder if I'm really in touch with my feelings, and can feel somewhat emotionless in normal situations where others around me are reduced to tears, but as soon as I hear certain music, for example at a funeral, or super emotional songs, or love songs that I feel a close kinship to the words along with the mood of the melody, and especially violins, cellos, flutes, or emotional chord structures, say on the piano or acoustic guitar, then I'm overcome by a big lump in my throat, and an uncontrollable creeping of tears.

I can be sitting alone at home when it happens, and even feel somewhat puzzled as to what on earth brought that on, and it might not even be for much of an extended bit of time, but just briefly where I'll take a deep breath and sorta wave it off, and even feel a bit embarrassed to myself thinking what the hell?

Still, somehow it gives me a reassured feeling inside that hey... maybe I am human after all.

Nothing wrong with stressing over it. Crying is another story IMO, unless they completely fail out of school when they tried their best. I can see that, they'd feel their future is wrecked. Crying before they even get a grade or when they know they can still correct it? Sorry, I just don't get it.