Sign in to follow this  
swamprat

It's Noon!!

Now that I work in a liquor store, and am surrounded by all the various brands, I'm intrigued by the various types of bourbon. I have Woodford and Four Roses currently. What should I look to try next?

FWIW, we seem to always have Elmer and Michter in stock.

There are so many, and everybody's pallet is so different. If you have Elmer available, grab a bottle.

One of my favorite fairly inexpensive go-to bourbons is Larceny.

Now that I work in a liquor store, and am surrounded by all the various brands, I'm intrigued by the various types of bourbon. I have Woodford and Four Roses currently. What should I look to try next?

FWIW, we seem to always have Elmer and Michter in stock.

Michter's and Elmer T are both very good. You can't go wrong with either.

I'm going to have to find out where you work. :lol2:

Say @swamprat - that Bower Hill is a smidge expensive. Is it worth the extra penny?

It is the most I have ever paid for a bourbon, but for a 118 proof bourbon, it is remarkably smooth. Better than any Pappy's I've ever had, if you need a comparison.

The Bower Hill is for special occasion events. That was the first pour I've had from that bottle since Christmas. Before that was the Illinois tailgate with @coldweatherfan, back last September. He may vouch for it.

Have any of you guys gave Michters a try yet? If not - make it your next purchase. Best $45 bottle around

I have tried the American Whiskey and have a bottle of the bourbon in my collection. It is very good.

It is the most I have ever paid for a bourbon, but for a 118 proof bourbon, it is remarkably smooth. Better than any Pappy's I've ever had, if you need a comparison.

The Bower Hill is for special occasion events. That was the first pour I've had from that bottle since Christmas. Before that was the Illinois tailgate with @coldweatherfan, back last September. He may vouch for it.

It was outstanding. Highly recommend.

Sign in to follow this