ColonelPops

Trevon Faulkner Wins Mr. Basketball

Trevon had offers from other schools but he thinks NKU is the better fit for him. WKU offered, Middle Tennessee Offered, and a few more. Let's not act like NKU was his only offer.

Let’s not act like Mercer is a good team or played a good schedule or like NKU and Middle Tenn is high level basketball.

Let’s not act like Mercer is a good team or played a good schedule or like NKU and Middle Tenn is high level basketball.

:lol2:

Trevon makes the THIRD FOOTBALL player I have coached to win Mr. KY Basketball! The first two were Chris Lofton & Darius Miller at Mason County. How does a FOOTBALL coach get to coach THREE Mr. Basketballs??

The number one reason is it is a blessing from God. There is nothing I did to deserve it. I am just thankful these three wonderful young men crossed my path, who also happened to be tremendous athletes.

I do think a reasonable question though is how do you make it work? How does a guy make a commitment to a football team and also remain committed to being a great basketball player?

First of all, football made all three of these guys better in basketball. They were tough guys already, but football helped them in the physicality aspect of basketball. No one is going to push these guys around on the basketball court.

On their end of it, it only worked because all three were high character guys that were committed to their teammates. I had to be flexible with summer workouts because of their demanding AAU schedules. Also, we get spring practice done in March so that they can get back to AAU in April. But, when those guys were available in the spring and summer and we had football practices or workouts, they were there.

I can tell you this... Trevon Faulkner was at EVERY spring football practice last year. The total number of unexcused absences for football workouts and practices for Faulkner, Miller & Lofton.....ZERO.

I like it when things go well for great people. This certainly applies to these three young men. And, wow, I am so thankful I got to be there coach. What an honor & blessing.

Black Shoes and White ShoeStrings: The Mr. Basketball Question..... THREE???

Congrats to Faulker! Certainly deserving and Mr. Basketball is huge in this state. That being said, while injuries are certainly part of the game I would have loved to see the voting had both Fredrick and Kunkle been healthy the entire year. Fredrick had some nagging injuries and Kunkle suffering a broken nose requiring surgery certainly had an impact. Kunkle was the hottest player in the state after his performance at the KOB and Fredrick was probably the hottest player the last 1.5 months of the year. Again, Faulkner is very deserving and congrats to him.

Kunkle had a tremendous KOB but got blown out by Trinity. Fredrick has been the best overall player all year long what I saw. Loved the talent of Scrubbs and he was the best player on the floor against Cooper. Mickey Pierson was tremendous. Maybe I saw Trevon team on three bad nights. Can’t wait to watch the Camels and Colonels. Wish I could of made the Scott Trinity game sounded like a war.

Kunkle had a tremendous KOB but got blown out by Trinity. Fredrick has been the best overall player all year long what I saw. Loved the talent of Scrubbs and he was the best player on the floor against Cooper. Mickey Pierson was tremendous. Maybe I saw Trevon team on three bad nights. Can’t wait to watch the Camels and Colonels. Wish I could of made the Scott Trinity game sounded like a war.

Not sure what point you are trying to make and certainly didn't know what playing Trinity has to do with what a player did for a season nor what Scrubbs (who was not up for consideration) did vs. Cooper? This thread is about giving congratulations to the player who received they the Mr. Basketball award which none of your posts seems to mention. 95% of your post belongs in other threads.

The hate is strong in this one.

The way Trinity shot the 3 ball that game they beat anyone in the state by a bunch. For Cooper to only loose by 10 says a lot. I think Trinity was 19 for 22 from 3 that game or something crazy like that.

Guest fogdog.com

I think Ware from Christian county should have been the winner

Are you already counting Oldham and Fern Creek out of tonight's games.

Are you already counting Oldham and Fern Creek out of tonight's games

Not at all. Just meant was looking forward to watching the NKY teams play. I feel Covington Catholic will have to get production from Walter or they will be going home tonight. Love Campbell Co and believe they will advance and possible make the finals.

Congrats to Trevon but in my opinion Fredrick Kunkle are better

Lots of BGP members frown upon a Kanye West type of Congratulations to the winner. Congratulations Trevon.