Sign in to follow this  
mcpapa

St. Patrick 104 Silver Grove 48

Not counting last night (I don't know the number of 3 attempts), they average 20 3-point attempts per game (540 attempts in 27 games). That's good for third most 3-point attempts per game in the 10th Region, behind Calvary Christian (570) & Pendleton County (620).

So its a decent amount of their offense. Again not being at the game to see it, see what Silver Grove did to stop them from doing it, I cant really be up in arms about it.

So its a decent amount of their offense. Again not being at the game to see it, see what Silver Grove did to stop them from doing it, I cant really be up in arms about it.

The 3's don't bother me, but if there was some verbal taunting, I don't care for that at all.

I was there. St. Pat kids knew what the record was for 3's and were trying to break that record. Taunting the SG kids with "here comes another" before dropping another 3.

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

- Ephesians 5:4

“Honestly, first and foremost, we’re not out to embarrass anybody, but when guys are shooting like that, you can’t tell them not to shoot,” said St. Patrick coach Aaron Rigdon.

http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/bauer-saints-set-records-in-win-over-silver-grove/article_82eaa45b-43e5-50e6-831f-10b72c199f00.html

....but he did tell them not to shoot, and they did anyway. I wonder what kind of reflection that is ?

Then you really don't understand what was going on here....so just stop

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

- Ephesians 5:4

Turkey and dressing for everyone!

Then you really don't understand what was going on here....so just stop

I get it, some are upset, because they were up, and continued to shoot threes to try and break some record, and in turn it ran up the score.

Turkey and dressing for everyone!

Also sounds like SP took that verse to heart and celebrated nicely.

Ok I'm sick of this. Did Mason County show one ounce of remorse for running up the score on St. Pat? Did Brossart? Did Pendleton? Did Louisiville Collegiatte? Did New Cath? Did Anderson? No, and none of them got one bit of guff about it. But as soon as the school that isn't supposed to do these things does the sky is falling. Coach Rigdon played his bench plenty, and won with class. GET OVER IT!

In fact I can remember a time in 2006 when Mason County beat St. Patrick 102-38 and someone took a rather famous picture of Darius Miller that night and Mason made T-Shirts out of it and sold them for $10 a pop. And no one batted an eye...................

Another fact in the game, Silver Grove's coach didn’t call a time out the entire game.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Capitalization

I wasn't there so I don't know the exact circumstances, but, it's always been sort of an "unwritten rule" that when have have someone down that big, you quit launching 3s, and run through your sets. Me personally I tell my kids after several passes have been made to shoot nothing but midrange jumpers.

St. Patrick’s athletic director was there and so was the radio station from Maysville. St. Patrick did nothing wrong. If they did, it would have stopped with her there. She does not tolerate unsportsmanship. Maybe wftm should broadcast it again. Listen to it closely. Running clock was stopped multiply times when it shouldn’t have.

In fact I can remember a time in 2006 when Mason County beat St. Patrick 102-38 and someone took a rather famous picture of Darius Miller that night and Mason made T-Shirts out of it and sold them for $10 a pop. And no one batted an eye...................

I got news for you. Coach O'Hearn ran the score up on no one. I have seen him run the clock out with over a minute to play.