WILDMAN

Hardest Hitters you've seen or played against?

Got to agree with you. One of the hardest hitters I have seen in high school. He could sure more than stand people up, he would put them on their back side and then give them a hand up.:thumb:

Sounds like Fred, great guy and football player.

I like the smaller kids that give everything to compete. Frank Sope (harlan grad) when he played at University of the Cumberlands was outstanding (5'6" 190 lbs. outside LB). Aaron Root from Williamsburg is a tad bigger (5'8', 185 Lbs.) and is a dadgum bull! Not sure whether he hits harder when at LB, or when he is running the ball.

Mattie T , Derrick Timberlake , Ballash , and another kid from Russell who played Defensive end was something like number 58 in the 90's someplace ... he came off the corner and hammered people

Josh Reynolds of Lynn Camp last year, and Trampus and Will Hollin of Lynn Camp are three of the best I have seen at LC. The Harlan schools always have good strong hitters over the years

#3 Will Bardo of the HHS freshman literally knocked the bodily fluids out of a Dixie reciever (who returned to the game by the way). BIG TIME, CLEAN hit!!

This name is for the old timers in Corbin. Greg Taylor with out question was the hardest hittter in corbin history.

I like the smaller kids that give everything to compete. Frank Sope (harlan grad) when he played at University of the Cumberlands was outstanding (5'6" 190 lbs. outside LB). Aaron Root from Williamsburg is a tad bigger (5'8', 185 Lbs.) and is a dadgum bull! Not sure whether he hits harder when at LB, or when he is running the ball.

I will agree, Frank could lay a hammer down. I remember his senior season at Harlan when they played Lynn Camp in the playoffs and he killed Quentin Henson. Nebraska was there to watch Henson but Frank and the rest of that team had him so frustrated from getting hit that he threw a fit on the sideline and the Nebraska scouts just left.

Just as a foot note, he is now a co-defensive coordinator at Harlan with Eric Perry.

This name is for the old timers in Corbin. Greg Taylor with out question was the hardest hittter in corbin history.

Roy Taylor was not a bad hitter for them Hounds back in the day.

Chris Jackson and James "Meegie" from Holmes a few years back could lay the wood.

2001 2A Title Game, Bardstown vs. Pburg- BGP's very own gish28 got absolutely blown up on a punt return.

haha gee thanks I had almost forgotten about that one..I remember on BGP after that game everyone refering to me as "poor little number 6" lol