Pete Mitchell

Highlands 53 Campbell County 52

Stop it.....

TELL ME THAT REALLY DID NOT HAPPEN.....I'm crying right now!

No. It was more of a look of "holy crap". This thread is getting out of hand with exaggerations.

No. It was more of a look of "holy crap". This thread is getting out of hand with exaggerations.

Oh ok....Thanks for clarifying! Go Birds and good luck to Beau and his team the rest of the way!

I was there too, he looked at the assistant coach who he'd been taking to before the game and opened his mouth with a look of disbelief. He was not sticking it out in an aggressive manner.

And that one win is Campbell County's first over Highlands in 40 years.

Wait....are you saying that CCHS Girls have only beaten HHS Girls once in 40 years, so since 1978 ?

Wait what happened did the take the win away? Thought Highlands won.

Sacred Heart and Mercer are the best two teams but SHA has their hands full getting out of their region. Lincoln Co. is a nice team but Mercer can get a good draw in state and coast to the state semi's. Not so for Sacred Heart. LIT will give us an idea on how good the 7th region is (or isn't).

As it stands now re the LIT, hard to think how SHA does not walk away with the title with relative ease. Have commented on this on other threads but SHA's draw is pretty nice. Manual & Nelson is about as tough as it gets for them before the championship game. The other side appears to be pretty brutal --- Butler, Male & Mercer in the same bracket? Whoa! 3 of the top 5 teams in the state on the same side? After that bloodbath the "winner" gets to play SHA in the finals with whatever they have left in the tank.

Write it down ... SHA will win the LIT and be #1 Queen of the Castle by next week.

As it stands now re the LIT, hard to think how SHA does not walk away with the title with relative ease. Have commented on this on other threads but SHA's draw is pretty nice. Manual & Nelson is about as tough as it gets for them before the championship game. The other side appears to be pretty brutal --- Butler, Male & Mercer in the same bracket? Whoa! 3 of the top 5 teams in the state on the same side? After that bloodbath the "winner" gets to play SHA in the finals with whatever they have left in the tank.

Write it down ... SHA will win the LIT and be #1 Queen of the Castle by next week.

I struggle sometimes following things on here but what in the heck does this have to do with the Highlands and Campbell County game? I think you were looking for the girls LIT thread and made a wrong left turn.

Highlands broadcasting does a great job videotaping the games, we will know surely here in a few days.

Sacred Heart and Mercer County are the two best teams in the state! Unless KHSAA screws it up and puts their regions together, they should meet in title game barring an upset!

It's a blind draw, KHSAA can't screw that up! :idunno:

It's a blind draw, KHSAA can't screw that up! :idunno:

By nature the blind draw is a screw up!

LOL Apologies Rap -- my post was in response to the one prior from uplaylikeupractice.

Apologies also for possibly hurting your feelings re an extremely wayward thought (or left turn?) that CC may not be #1 team in the state at the moment.

I agree ... While I'm not a big fan of the KHSAA, I also thought the comment about the KHSAA "screwing it up" was off base by someone that didn't understand that the state tournament is not, has never been and never will be seeded. Luck of the draw ...

I understand exactly how the pairings and draw works and meant the KHSAA DRAW not the KHSAA itself. Obviously, the draw is a blind luck of the draw so, again, not suggesting that any one person or entity is "screwing it up" but rather meant that Mercer and Sacred Heart should meet in Championship game if the luck of the draw doesn't screw it up!

I will give credit where credit is due and Highlands played a heck of a game last night. Highlands sat in a zone all night and executed their game plan well. However it was stated earlier in this thread that Campbell relies on turnovers to win and if a team has good ball handlers it makes it tough for Campbell to win then explain how Campbell beat male, montini Catholic, mount Notre Dame, and have Mercer county all they wanted the entire game when each one of those programs have D1 point guards and other d1 players as well. I don’t think anyone on here has said Campbell has the state title wrapped up or shirts printed anywhere. However I do think they have as much of shot to at a state run as any of the top ranked teams. I’m not sure why people are taking shots at the lady Camels all the time. Is it because they aren’t from the Louisville area and people thinks that makes them less superior. Last night was a different game. Clos sat most of first half in foul trouble, Schwarber sat most of second in foul trouble and then fouled out. Both played the same way defensively as they always do. if anything was less aggressive last night knowing how the calls were going to go. Neither Clos or Schwarber have really been in foul trouble all season until last night. Highlands won by 1 in overtime and Clos and Schwarber played half the game and Stapleton had an off shooting night with highlands shooting 31 free throws to Campbell shooting 7. I would say that is a huge difference as well. I do agree that someone else has got to step up on this team and start scoring. At the end of the day it is high school basketball and anything can happen and last night showed just that. Hats off to Highlands for playing a great basketball game and hopefully that win will boost them a good run through their postseason and good luck to them the remainder of their season. They are a very tough and scrappy team. As for the lady Camels they will be just fine and will learn from the loss and move on.

Did Mercer County relocate its school to Louisville??? Crap, the 6th or 7th Regions just got even more tough!!! :-)