GrantNKY

Coaching Carousel

After being signed to be the Tennessee coach, then have his reputation torched based on 3rd party unsubstantiated info I don’t know what he will do for 2018. You conveniently gloss over the fact that he’s been negotiating with UT for months and was given the job at an “SEC power.” Don’t let OSU hate cloud facts too much Woody.

JMO, but if I were a university, I wouldn't touch anyone associated with the Penn State program while Sandusky was there (outside of maybe a guy that was a player during that time). I don't think that's the real reason this whole fiasco went down, but I'd stay away because of that.

After being signed to be the Tennessee coach, then have his reputation torched based on 3rd party unsubstantiated info I don’t know what he will do for 2018. You conveniently gloss over the fact that he’s been negotiating with UT for months and was given the job at an “SEC power.” Don’t let OSU hate cloud facts too much Woody.

It is unbelievable how everything goes back to OSU with you. OSU as far as i'm concerned has nothing to do with Schiano. As a matter of fact I forgot he was even at OSU until this whole mess started.

Cowherd and Gottlieb were saying yesterday that this essentially ends any chance of Schiano as a HC candidate again...

Well then that pretty much means he will get a job by next year at the latest.

It is unbelievable how everything goes back to OSU with you. OSU as far as i'm concerned has nothing to do with Schiano. As a matter of fact I forgot he was even at OSU until this whole mess started.

This. When the book is closed on Schiano, no one will remember his Ohio State days (outside of Buckeye fans). He'll be remembered for his Rutgers teams, the disaster that was his time in the NFL, and now, his Penn State days.

Sounds like Tennessee is now considering Jeff Brohm, Chad Morris, Dave Doeren, and Tee Martin.

I think Brohm should be their main target and would be an outstanding hire.

Tennessee can't have Brohm. But that's exactly who they should be targeting.

JMO, but if I were a university, I wouldn't touch anyone associated with the Penn State program while Sandusky was there (outside of maybe a guy that was a player during that time). I don't think that's the real reason this whole fiasco went down, but I'd stay away because of that.

Why do you would ruin the reputation of a guy simply because he was coaching at the wrong place at the wrong time? That's a little extreme isn't it?

Sounds like Tennessee is now considering Jeff Brohm, Chad Morris, Dave Doeren, and Tee Martin.

Of the 3 Chad Morris is the best coach. He would be gone at the first chance at a high profile job in Texas though.

Why do you would ruin the reputation of a guy simply because he was coaching at the wrong place at the wrong time? That's a little extreme isn't it?

What are you talking about? Where did I ever say anything about him being involved or anything negative about him? If I were running a coaching search, his name would never be on my radar. Not sure how that's ruining his reputation.

What are you talking about? Where did I ever say anything about him being involved or anything negative about him? If I were running a coaching search, his name would never be on my radar. Not sure how that's ruining his reputation.

By lumping him into that it stains his reputation as a "Penn State guy" him being there was just pure bad luck and you want to punish him for that based on no evidence that he was involved in any sort of wrongdoing? Come on.

By lumping him into that it stains his reputation as a "Penn State guy" him being there was just pure bad luck and you want to punish him for that based on no evidence that he was involved in any sort of wrongdoing? Come on.

Punish him? Dude, you're overreacting. I would not consider him. You clearly would. I wouldn't be upset if someone did, but I personally wouldn't.

Punish him? Dude, you're overreacting. I would not consider him. You clearly would. I wouldn't be upset if someone did, but I personally wouldn't.

It's the reason you wouldn't consider him. If you just don't think he's a good coach fine, but to not consider him simply because he coached at Penn State the same time as Sandusky is ludicrous.

It's the reason you wouldn't consider him. If you just don't think he's a good coach fine, but to not consider him simply because he coached at Penn State the same time as Sandusky is ludicrous.

:lol2: How about this....His coaching ability isn't good enough for me to overlook the fact that he was at Penn State during the Sandusky stuff.

Guilty by association, if I'm an AD I wouldn't consider him either. It's highly unlikely that he didn't know something was going on.