DevilMayCare

2A #4 Mayfield vs. Murray

Who gets the win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Mayfield Cardinals
    • Murray Tigers

The Cards (5-1) came up short against 3A #2 Corbin in one of the state's most high profile games in Week 5. It was the first regular season loss for Mayfield since a 37-31 setback against McCracken County two years ago.

Murray (2-4) lost to 1A Russellville, 28-21, on Friday. The Tigers haven't beaten the Cardinals since ??? The KHSAA records go back to 1998, and it's been nothing but Mayfield wins since then.

I believe Murray beat Mayfiield in 1995, 7-0. I think it was the initial kick-off TD return or punt return for TD. Might be wrong about the year.

This game will not be if there will be a running clock but when.

Too much power on both sides of the ball for Murray to contain.

Mayfield needs to put this away early and let the JV handle the second half. That needs to be the prescription the next 3 games. With fall break included, MF's starters could realistically play 3 half's of football over the next 4 weeks. That would be great as they make preparations for the stretch run.

I believe Murray beat Mayfiield in 1995, 7-0. I think it was the initial kick-off TD return or punt return for TD. Might be wrong about the year.

This game will not be if there will be a running clock but when.

Too much power on both sides of the ball for Murray to contain.

Wasnt 95. It was 1998. I'm certain.

Mayfield rolled Murray twice in 1998, 41-7 and 38-7. The Cards didn't lose until they ran into that Middlesboro buzzsaw in the championship game that year.

1997 Murray scored on opening kickoff and that was the only TD scored during the game, only similar game was 2001 when Mayfield won 7-6 with a blocked extra point try in the 1st quarter of the game

Of course I meant 1997. Typo Edited by Cardinals44

it was 97. Murray took the opening kickoff back for a TD. It was a field position game and Murrays punter, Shane Andrus, kept us inside our own 20 all night long and we couldn't get out. Andrus went on to kick for Murray St and hit the 50 yd game winning FG against Tony Romo and Eastern Illinois. He kicked in the NFL for a couple yrs I believe..........Mayfield by 40

Should be a running clock by, or just after, halftime. JV should finish this up. Good luck to the Mayfield JV Monday night at McCracken.