Mayfieldsportsfan

Corbin 20 Mayfield 17

And as far as the "trick" play goes....no excuses....champions don't miss details like that. Mayfield should know that as well as anyone.

Maybe so but I'd be embarrassed if Mayfield tried that kinda play...nothing against trick plays just not that kind.

I had a tough weekend as I went to the Corbin-Mayfield game, then drove to Lexington after the game for the Florida-UK game and finally listened to my Dolphins lose to the Jets driving home from Lexington. 0-3 ouch!

So other than a phone text in this thread while driving to Lexington I have not had time to catch up but I just did and I saw numerous posts regarding if Corbin and Mayfield would continue this series and I happen to know that they inked a 2 year deal to play at Austin Peay so this game will happen again next year as the same incredible venue

I’m just not sold on us getting that 4th round win, let alone a championship with Stinson as the QB. I don’t bash kids but I’ve watched him very closely the last couple of games. He just doesn’t read the plays. Against McCracken I watched him throw into double coverage multiple times when he clearly had someone wide open on the other side of the field. Even people in the stands are yelling and pointing. And this is with plenty time to throw. No rushing or anything. You’ve got to look at the field. You can’t zone in on a receiver from start to finish. Read the field. I know you have go to routes on every play. But maybe just maybe the defense is better suited for that route and someone else’s assignment will suit the play better. We have to do better there. And it starts with coaching.
Be careful. I got crucified because I said "our corner"

Maybe so but I'd be embarrassed if Mayfield tried that kinda play...nothing against trick plays just not that kind.

I agree. It doesn't say much about a teams confidence running those types of plays.

This post is very accurate. I thought Corbin was a well coached, very disciplined team. I felt that Mayfield was the better team but got out played. Some was due to youthful decision making, some was intensity issues, some was due to injuries, and some was coaching. I believe this will motivate and help them in the long run..

Be careful. I got crucified because I said "our corner"

Consider the source that bashed you brother, nuff said.

I thought that Mayfield was surprised by the speed of the hounds on both sides of the ball.

From my viewpoint that was the difference in the game. Offenses pretty evenly matched but defense and special teams especially the punt game was all hounds!

I thought that Mayfield was surprised by the speed of the hounds on both sides of the ball.

From my viewpoint that was the difference in the game. Offenses pretty evenly matched but defense and special teams especially the punt game was all hounds!

The Hounds did surprise me by their overall speed and ability to keep us breaking some long ones. As for special teams no doubt Corbin had a advantage. Defense was about even to me. I felt the difference was a couple of breaks downs by the Cards defense that yielded fairly long Corbin TD's and that should be fixable. Either team could have won this one but it was Corbin that did. The stats were almost dead even. MF had 5 more total yards and 1 more first down. Both are solid teams but I think both will have to improve to win a title

The Hounds did surprise me by their overall speed and ability to keep us breaking some long ones. As for special teams no doubt Corbin had a advantage. Defense was about even to me. I felt the difference was a couple of breaks downs by the Cards defense that yielded fairly long Corbin TD's and that should be fixable. Either team could have won this one but it was Corbin that did. The stats were almost dead even. MF had 5 more total yards and 1 more first down. Both are solid teams but I think both will have to improve to win a title

Agree.

Also, let me echo what others have said. I hope these two schools continue to play each other. It just doesn't get much better than Corbin-Mayfield. Those two have a long history that goes back to the mid seventies. Great programs every year, great respect for each other, and always great battles. Coach Morris is adding to the Morris family coaching legacy and young Haddix is making his mark and building on the tradition at Corbin.

Mayfield and Corbin--- all they do is win!!!

Agree.

I hope these two schools continue to play each other. It just doesn't get much better than Corbin-Mayfield.

We are guaranteed at least 1 more year, the AD at Austin Peay is a former Cardinal player and in a interview he said that Mayfield and Corbin inked a 2 year deal to play at Austin Peay. He also said it was cheaper than what they had been paying at Lindsey Wilson because they just recently completed a 19 mil stadium renovation and wanted to show case it and had hopes that allowing Mayfield and Corbin to play there would draw other schools to come and play and thus help Austin Peay show case what I can attest to as a magnificent stadium

You spot on toothpick, both teams have a lot of work to do. Neither team looked like state champs to me.

My first two Corbin -Mayfield games were '76 and '77, both AA state championship games. In '76, we won 6-0 in the cold and snow at Commonwealth stadium. And let me tell you something, those two teams were the two best in the state that year regardless of class. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

In '77 at EKU , the Cards beat Corbin 14-13, stopping the Hounds at the goal line on a two-pt. conversion on the last play of the game. Coach Powers try to cross up the Cards by giving the ball to our freshman back, Roy Taylor, instead of the senior back who had run wild all day. The Cards stopped Taylor right at the goal line. Like, I said, Corbin and Mayfield go way back. They are old rivals. The games are always hard fought and the programs have long ago earned each other's respect. I love Corbin-Mayfield games. I would like to see both teams win their respective state titles. While it wouldn't shock me if both teams win out the rest of the way, they each have some work to do. Both the Hounds and Cards will be very tough outs come playoff time.

Just find a suitable pair of goalposts, my only complaint of APSU. I've seen better at a middle school practice field.