Sign in to follow this  
mcpapa

Lexington Catholic 21 Highlands 18

Saw the game... it was NOT Highlands Football. No grit. No life. No heart. No will to win. Somehow there is no more "TOUGH" in the organization. It's as if there's no understanding of what Highlands Football is supposed to be about. Not sure whats going on, but it's not good. Something has got to change! ... Big time! It looks systemic. I don't blame the kids. I can't take much more of it though. God help the Birds.

Well said. This is what I was alluding to after last week. Losing has become accepted and the swagger is gone.

Come on Birds:irked: Had enough. No excusses. Just play football like a Highlands player and get the season on track. :angrybird12:

Hoping that every day next week I see the team running laps in front of the house and thru the park caring chips like the ole days.:popcorn::thumb:

I can't speak for all of the kids but I know my boy (and plenty of his buddies) are ALL grit, ALL life, ALL heart, ALL will to win. Yes I agree that there some issues... but the kids are working their tails off.

Edited by mcpapa
R8

Called it. Lex Cath in a close one

Highlands is at an all-time low. It is what it is.

As I lay here quietly in bed the house is dark and everyone is sleeping quietly. If I listen closely I can hear the moans coming across 2 counties. "Where is Dale? Oh please God, where is Dale?"

Come on Birds:irked: Had enough. No excusses. Just play football like a Highlands player and get the season on track. :angrybird12:

Hoping that every day next week I see the team running laps in front of the house and thru the park caring chips like the ole days.:popcorn::thumb:

To the really awesome donut shop in Ft Thomas? BTW, that place is great. Just saying. Best maple bacon donuts this side of the river.

I can't speak for all of the kids but I know my boy (and plenty of his buddies) are ALL grit, ALL life, ALL heart, ALL will to win. Yes I agree that there some issues... but the kids are working their tails off.

Love this. No one will ever convince me that kids, who prepare for a week, go into a game with no will to win. No coach, who spends 40+ hours of his life preparing for a team, goes into the game with no will to win. I don't pretend to watch all of their games, nor do I watch them practice, but that fact that grown folk hammer these boys makes me crazy.

I said after week 1 that this HHS team was "just slightly" better than last year and not to read too much into the win over a young inexperienced Cooper team which they should have dominated from start to finish yet were down until :36 seconds left in the 1st half. Now I'm starting to question my "slightly better" comment in that last year's team may have been better.

Either they have some internal issues or just maybe everyone else got better.

Saw the game... it was NOT Highlands Football. No grit. No life. No heart. No will to win. Somehow there is no more "TOUGH" in the organization. It's as if there's no understanding of what Highlands Football is supposed to be about. Not sure whats going on, but it's not good. Something has got to change! ... Big time! It looks systemic. I don't blame the kids. I can't take much more of it though. God help the Birds.

No more "tough" - interesting - thought the same thing myself. A recipe for mediocrity. Seems like right now just wearing the uniform is reward enough.

This isn't college football, it is high school and these are young men with their whole lives ahead of them. Quit beating them down, and support them. Quit living in the past, it might be everyone else is just getting better.

This isn't college football, it is high school and these are young men with their whole lives ahead of them. Quit beating them down, and support them. Quit living in the past, it might be everyone else is just getting better.

No, it's not college. But thinking like this is why teams are soft and kids can't take any adversity.

Sign in to follow this