katbird

Does Highlands need a coaching change?

Does Highlands need a new leader?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Does Highlands need a new leader?

Yes. He's an HHS guy. Played and graduated from there.

Thanks for the info. Guess I had never heard/read reference to that part.

But I still have questions, since the topic was introduced. How many of the other 11 state titles were won by "Highlands Guys?"

Duffy wasn't from there, unless I've read wrong. Is Owen Hauck a Ft. Thomas Bluebird?

I though Mueller came out of Cincy? Coached several years there before coming to HHS? Did he play for/graduate from Highlands?

Believe he was at Withrow before coming to Highlands but I could be wrong.

We need to talk some time, not on here. I witnessed things in the 90's first hand. This was as a principal in Kenton County. I know you probably believe that. But I know what I saw and witessed first hand. I won't violate the recruiting rules on here.

Some just refuse to admit it happened in the past, and that its part of the issue at current.

Believe he was at Withrow before coming to Highlands but I could be wrong.

Think he got his start at Newport as an assistant under Mike Murphy. Then was head coach at Sycamore, Withrow and then Highlands I believe. Actually had a Withrow team that was 10-0 and did not make the playoffs in Ohio.

We need to talk some time, not on here. I witnessed things in the 90's first hand. This was as a principal in Kenton County. I know you probably believe that. But I know what I saw and witessed first hand. I won't violate the recruiting rules on here.

I'm not saying you're lying or wrong, but do you know how many "stories" I have heard that turned out completely false? Do you know how many accusations I've heard about HHS and none of them were true? Do you know how many times I have heard dads tell me their some is being "recruited" by HHS to find out the staff didn't even know who the kid was? I'm stating facts. The vast majority of HHS success of due to Ft Thomas kids. I know that first hand and have witnessed it for almost 40 years. So again, believe what you want. Just like everyone else. Everyone has the "Highlands" story. It's fine.

I certainly want to hear these supposed stories as well. Heck, share them on here if there is nothing to hide.

I will not share them on here. That simple. Face to face I'd be glad to. If someone cant accept and understand that, because that is tehway I roll, on these things face to face. I get it, if that can't happen, and people have no reason that don't know me to believe me. I get that too.

But if you really want to know. One instance is quite entertaining.

But I still have questions, since the topic was introduced. How many of the other 11 state titles were won by "Highlands Guys?"

Duffy wasn't from there, unless I've read wrong. Is Owen Hauck a Ft. Thomas Bluebird?

I don't know about Hauck. Someone a little older would have to chime in. Duffy was not a hhs guy.

I'm not saying you're lying or wrong, but do you know how many "stories" I have heard that turned out completely false? Do you know how many accusations I've heard about HHS and none of them were true? Do you know how many times I have heard dads tell me their some is being "recruited" by HHS to find out the staff didn't even know who the kid was? I'm stating facts. The vast majority of HHS success of due to Ft Thomas kids. I know that first hand and have witnessed it for almost 40 years. So again, believe what you want. Just like everyone else. Everyone has the "Highlands" story. It's fine.

Believe me I get what you are saying on rumors, however, I dealt with it, confronted it, and reported it (didn't stop it). Let me just say that when varsity football coaches, including the head coach attends a middle school basketball game which their school was not playing, which had no family playing, and wanted to talk to a basketball player from the school where I was principal after the game. When I asked why, the head coach smiled and said "dont worry if I don't talk to him tonight , I will eventually" I said I don't doubt that, but have a good evening. That player ended up playing at HHS and did very very well, one of the best.

I know the player personally and he and I have had a laugh or two about it a couple of times.

All I can add is there are people who have significant influence within the community and schools that are monitoring BW closely. Right or wrong its reality and I think BW knows what he signed up for. I like BW and know he has a tremendous football mind. He can't make the tackles and complete the passes or score TD's. He can only go with what he has and right now the talent levels are not where they were during the big 6 yr run. Add in other programs have made significant changes to achieve success and utilize the numbers they have in comparison to Highlands. (see SK, Ryle, etc)

I don't know what Dale did to make guys run through a brick wall for him or what he said to make them believe they were better than they were but he had something.

I don't know about Hauck. Someone a little older would have to chime in. Duffy was not a hhs guy.

Who coached HHS from 93-94 (i.e., the CovCath years)?

Who coached HHS from 93-94 (i.e., the CovCath years)?

I think Dale's 1st yr was 94' and they lost to CovCath.

My son was an out of district kid to play at HHS. He was an excellent youth player and not one person recruited him. People always claimed that they did. He chose to go to HHS because of the "culture". He wanted to be part of a winning program. Dale ran the program like a machine but he always made sure the players felt like they were the most important people there and they would have given their arm to Dale if he asked for it. I never got that impression from BW. And the players noticed. No one will ever be the coach Dale was at highlands. No one. But if it's not broken don't fix it. Im sure that throughout Dales tenure he didn't have the largest or faster or strongest players but they sure believed they were and when they got on the field they played like it.

Really? :lol2: Didn't know that was a qualification to be a HHS head coach.

Keep digging, you might find some bones.:rolleyes:

All I can add is there are people who have significant influence within the community and schools that are monitoring BW closely. Right or wrong its reality and I think BW knows what he signed up for. I like BW and know he has a tremendous football mind. He can't make the tackles and complete the passes or score TD's. He can only go with what he has and right now the talent levels are not where they were during the big 6 yr run. Add in other programs have made significant changes to achieve success and utilize the numbers they have in comparison to Highlands. (see SK, Ryle, etc)

I don't know what Dale did to make guys run through a brick wall for him or what he said to make them believe they were better than they were but he had something.

Why cant others accept that.