Colonels_Wear_Blue

BGP QOTD: What's your "I'm not going to that restaurant again" story?

I can honestly say that I've not ever had an experience that was bad enough to make me not ever go to a restaurant again (although there are some restaurants that I just plain don't care for).

My grandpa had one that always made me laugh though...he refused to go to Walt's Hitching Post until after owner Billy Melton died. "He's a damn card cheat and I'm not giving that horse's rear a single penny of mine."

Snappy Tomato - downtown Cincinnati - lunch buffet - roach in salad bar. I'm out.

I know there are bugs in restaurants but if I actually see one, that's a deal breaker.

A friend posted a picture on Facebook of some type of bug in a Wendy's salad. Not that I would ever consider ordering a salad, but that's enough to keep me away from that particular store.

Also, the local KFC/Taco Bell is working really hard on losing my business, but I could probably find a bug in my quesadilla and find it in my heart to forgive them.

Snappy Tomato - downtown Cincinnati - lunch buffet - roach in salad bar. I'm out.

I know there are bugs in restaurants but if I actually see one, that's a deal breaker.

Oh my...I eat there all the time...right across the street from my building.:puke:

Oh my...I eat there all the time...right across the street from my building.:puke:

Now you can say that you USED to eat there all the time! :lol2:

Not a restaurant but I will never eat granola bars again. I took a bite and saw something squirming... it ended up having little white worms/maggots crawling in it :puke::isurrender:

I had a bad experience at a restaurant in Lexington one time that I would not take my business to again. Ironically it closed within a few months of my visit. Don't remember the name, but it was an "upper end" type place...not quite a Malone's, but way above an O'Charlies or some such...or at least is was supposed to be.

The food wasn't very good, and I paid a ridiculous amount of money on a glass of wine for the girl friend and the small glass was only about 1/3 full. Service was as bad if not worse than the food. Having had just an awful experience, and being asked to pay through the nose to do so, we asked to see the manager. Literally, a freckle faced kid, couldn't have been more than 22 years old, comes out of the kitchen to ask what we needed. This is the manager is a supposed 'higher end" restaurant? We told him about our experience, the bad food and service, the overpriced barely any in the glass wine...he shrugged his shoulders and stared at us without saying a word. I shook my head, stated we would not be back, paid without leaving a tip. I'd say in less than 8 weeks the place was closed. And it's no wonder.

Well I've certainly been grossed out enough at restaurants, but given the chance I'd probably go back.

Two real bad experiences were at Applebee's. At the town center in crest view hills I saw an employee eating loaded nachos and rolling silverware. I wanted to vomit.

Ironically, another bad experience happened at an Applebee's in Louisville by the Academy sports off shelbyville just about a month ago. Our waiter was eating a sandwich that they had stashed by the computer. Dude chomped a few bites, then delivered our food. He was still using his tongue to find stray food in his mouth as he delivered our food. Yuck

A friend posted a picture on Facebook of some type of bug in a Wendy's salad. Not that I would ever consider ordering a salad, but that's enough to keep me away from that particular store.

Also, the local KFC/Taco Bell is working really hard on losing my business, but I could probably find a bug in my quesadilla and find it in my heart to forgive them.

Funny, when I was in college a buddy of mine went to the Taco Bell across from Louisville's campus. The lady in front of him ordered 20 soft tacos and 20 hard shelled tacos.

The chick behind the register looked up and said "witch, this ain't fricken White Castle."

My son and I ate at Beef O'Brady's every Saturday at 11:30ish from the time he was 3 to about 5 -- kind of our weekly father / son getaway for a couple of hours. One particular Saturday the NFL Draft was on, so I asked the server to turn the TV facing me onto the Draft...which she did. Now, the owner was there 90% of the time on Saturday at this time and would always stop by and chat, often sit with us and eat, and about every 5 or 6 weeks would bring my son free ice cream...a good guy. However, on this particular Saturday he was out of town so the Night Manager (believe me, she told me her title 250x in 3 minutes) was in charge, and about 10 minutes after my server turned on the Draft for me, this manager came over and turned that TV back to whatever channel it was on prior. I said, "Ma'am, I was watching that, in fact I asked the server to turn it on to that station for me, and since we are the only ones here, do you mind putting it back?" She said, "nope, the TV schedule that was left for me said that TV is supposed to be on XYZ channel (forget the channel, doesn't matter, wasn't the Draft), so I'm turning that back on." I was polite back, although in complete shock, and asked her to reconsider and that I'm sure the owner would be fine with you doing that for me, we are here every Saturday. She said, and I'm quoting, "well, since he isn't here, I guess we'll never know." I ate, paid my bill, left my server a 100% tip, and have never been back.

Funny, when I was in college a buddy of mine went to the Taco Bell across from Louisville's campus. The lady in front of him ordered 20 soft tacos and 20 hard shelled tacos.

The chick behind the register looked up and said "witch, this ain't fricken White Castle."

You haven't lived until you've ordered 25+ tacos for 4th meal.

Went to Frisch's one day for lunch when I was working in another city. Went in and sat down, looking at the menu and the waitress came up. She looked at me, I looked at her...she said how happy she was to see me and it was a pleasure to serve me. I mumbled something under my breath got up and left.

Two days before she had stolen a bunch of merchandise and I had caught her and sent her to jail. When I approached her she began cussing me and I as I led her back to the office she tried to kick me several times.

Long story short, I wasn't going to let her within 100 feet of my food. By the time I left that city after 3 years the only place I felt safe eating was at the Subway in the store and McDonald's, because I could see all of their cooks when I ordered and made sure none were former apprehensions.

You haven't lived until you've ordered 25+ tacos for 4th meal.

It takes 25 Tacos at Taco Bell to get 8 Tacos worth of food!