RoyalWildcat

2017/2018 10th Region

You did mention whiners in my post to how do you think I took that. As far as NKY, transfers happen all the time there as well as Lexington and Louisville. So I don't think it happens all over the state. Are there some, sure but the majority of transfers happen in these three areas.

The whiners comment goes back further than this thread. It's time to let it go. And yes, most of the whining seemed to come from the MC fans. Just like you...I tell it like it is. That's where the whiners comment came from.

As for the areas you mention about transfers...wouldn't it make sense that more transfers happen in those populated areas? There are more kids and more schools in much closer proximity. If you live in an area where the next school is 20-40 miles away (or further), it makes it much harder to transfer! It doesn't mean those kids don't want to and wouldn't do if they had the opportunity. I know that you take pride in the MC teams being "homegrown", but there is probably a reason that MC doesn't get any transfers. And criticizing others that do get legal transfers is going to sound like whining.

Let me ask you this. Are you telling me that if Erin Boley would have shown up on your doorstep legally, you would have said no thank you?

It happens all over the place. There are reasons it happens some places more than others. Some of those reasons are legit and some are very fishy.

Here is the bottom line. GRC ripped the heart out of Masons fans. And it could not have happened to a more deserving group of fans. Not kids. Fans.

They took what you thought was a given. What you thought you had from their 7th grade years and what you fans had waited on was taken by a better team. You all yell and scream and berate refs and other teams till everyone in America roots against you. RCC9 is right. Quit crying. Lets see how strong your program really is. See what you got next year.

Here is the bottom line. GRC ripped the heart out of Masons fans. And it could not have happened to a more deserving group of fans. Not kids. Fans.

They took what you thought was a given. What you thought you had from their 7th grade years and what you fans had waited on was taken by a better team. You all yell and scream and berate refs and other teams till everyone in America roots against you. RCC9 is right. Quit crying. Lets see how strong your program really is. See what you got next year.

The expectations and talk that was heard and put on about this group was totally unfair to these kids over the course of their career. Most of the talk that was heard was by families and fan base based on what this group of kids did at a young age playing summer basketball. Over the long run, other kids along with their teams got better along the way and winning regional titles are extremely hard to due. Thats why when your on the grand stage, you better embrace it because championships are not ever given, they are earned! Best of luck to that senior class!

The expectations and talk that was heard and put on about this group was totally unfair to these kids over the course of their career. Most of the talk that was heard was by families and fan base based on what this group of kids did at a young age playing summer basketball. Over the long run, other kids along with their teams got better along the way and winning regional titles are extremely hard to due. Thats why when your on the grand stage, you better embrace it because championships are not ever given, they are earned! Best of luck to that senior class!

I have said many times that I loved watching this group play. I was coaching teams against them back when they were 7th and 8th graders and knew they would be special. But sometimes things happen and fate has a different path. Sometimes kids get burned out. Sometime expectations and pressures become too much. Sometimes kids play for their parents. Sometimes, others just develop more than them. And sometimes when you add talent from multiple classes (at other schools), it can trump a talented class. These kids will be successful because of their success and failures on and off the court. At the end of the day, none of them are going to get paid to play bball. The life experience that comes with winning and losing is what is the most valuable to athletes.

That is funny. YOu know we graduated 8 seniors and will be down. If Clark would not have 5 transfers, where would they be? We beat the real Clark (JV) like by about 30 points. No transfers on JV. MAson fans are no worse than any other fan base. THe referee that made the walk call in the regional they were people coming out of the stands on him. That is on video. That was not Mason's side by the way.

Not completely sure about fans coming out of the stands on the "Clark" side but I do know that there were several Mason fans sitting on the first row or two on that side. Also from the court looking into the "Clark" side the left end of the stands had a fair amount of Mason blue. Just like at the Fieldhouse Mason fans ring the floor.

Who will be the top players?

Anna Clephane and Lexie Stapleton from Scott; Taylor Clos and Mackenzie Schwarber from Campbell Co; Kennedy Igo, Shamaya Behanan, Maleaha Bell and Jasmine Flowers from GRC; Madison Kellione from Harrison Co; Kara Moran and AJ Reed from Mason Co; Kailee Finch from Paris; Kinley Ruf from Bracken Co

Hey @sumoroyal guess we just need to pick MCHS up and move it to the middle of Winchester or Wilder to have chance next year, then maybe we'll attract more players and everyone can bash us for winning with transfers. :ohbrother:

In the past, I have openly commented on how unfair it seems that certain schools "attract" players every year.

Winning attracts winning.

Does it appear that all the coaching positions will remain intact?

Can't speak for all, but would be shocked to see any changes. Would expect Cox to remain at MC considering he has his first child on the way and the only place I could see him going would be back to his ole stomping grounds of PC, but Keaton has that one locked up for a while.

Hey @sumoroyal guess we just need to pick MCHS up and move it to the middle of Winchester or Wilder to have chance next year, then maybe we'll attract more players and everyone can bash us for winning with transfers. :ohbrother:

Might be a lil costly and I'm not sure the school board would go for it. And would the kids want to commute from MC that far??? But if you think it would work, have at it!

But I'm not sure why you'd move to Wilder? But I guess that's your choice. Good luck!

But I'm not sure why you'd move to Wilder? But I guess that's your choice. Good luck!

Wilder would be the perfect choice, the Fieldhouse would look great down there next to the movie theater with DQ right there too! Go getcha a Blizzard after school, practice, or a game!

Why would it matter if MC kids would wanna commute? According to you guys it doesn't matter if you win with homegrown kids or what appears to be a team no different from an AAU team. Apparently winning is all that matters, whether it's done right or wrong!