Sign in to follow this  
Randy Parker

Scott 84 Bracken County 77

Jake Ohmer led the winners with 30 points. Chad Ohmer added 12.

Austin Crawford tallied 35 points & 10 rebounds for Bracken. Brady Jones had 30 points & 16 boards.

All per the Polar Bears Twitter account.

Bracken shotting:

4-22 from 3

17-34 from FT

Brady Jones with another great game, had 3 and 1's in a row but missed all 3 Free throws. Austin Crawford is now 91 points away from 3K.

Good amount of Crawford's points came when Scott had reserves in at end of game. Ohmer sat out 7 minutes in the 4Q.

Good amount of Crawford's points came when Scott had reserves in at end of game. Ohmer sat out 7 minutes in the 4Q.
From the radio he was only out in for around 4 minutes in the 3rd, and 1 in the 4th. You need a new watch.

From the radio he was only out in for around 4 minutes in the 3rd, and 1 in the 4th. You need a new watch.

Came in during the 4 Q with 3 and some change to play, left right around the 2 mark came in again for 30 seconds or so. My mistake. He sat 6 minutes in the 4th.

I'm not one to ever blame officiating but this one was a sight. For example, Crawford blatantly tripped (Grayson Allen'd) by a Scott player and the official didn't call anything. Once the crowd got into it he had a 1 on 1 conversation with the player and yet to call anything. It was a sight.

I'm not one to ever blame officiating but this one was a sight. For example, Crawford blatantly tripped (Grayson Allen'd) by a Scott player and the official didn't call anything. Once the crowd got into it he had a 1 on 1 conversation with the player and yet to call anything. It was a sight.

It was atrocious both ways.

Actually it was just one ref and he did everything but rub the cramp out of Omers leg.

Bracken shotting:

4-22 from 3

17-34 from FT

Brady Jones with another great game, had 3 and 1's in a row but missed all 3 Free throws. Austin Crawford is now 91 points away from 3K.

Two observations: 1). So glad to see Jones performing at levels the Bears need. He is a warrior. Got a couple of other players that have same type of potential. 2). These season long shooting doldrums, repeated again tonight, can't carry them deep in playoffs. IMHO...Bears have to start playing great D, if they are to go anywhere. O is not the strength many of us perceived.

Bracken started out in man but Jake Ohmer scored 7 and then went to zone and used a variety of presses and zones. The game got down to 7 points in the 4th but could ever get out of that hole they dug early.

Also, WHERE WAS THIS BRADY JONES LAST YEAR? Has gotten a lot more aggressive on his post moves and looks to score more and isn't missing as many layups.

I just seen where crawford has over 1000 rebounds .Just wondering how many players has had 3000 points and 1000 rebounds .

I caught the 1st half of this game and if the Bears could have hit some open shots this game would have been tied at the half.

Sketchy, inconsistent calls both ways. You'd see a ticky tack reach called and then see blatant fouls not called. It seemed like a half of make up calls! I was anticipating a big Scott win and am happy to hear the Polar Bears kept it close. Once those outside shots fall...look out PB opponents!

Coach Hinson has this team playing better every game. The coaching staff has really turned Brady Jones into a force. This game proves what a tough out Coach Hinson and the Polar Bears will be come tournament time.

Sign in to follow this