velcro12

Does the best high school team in Kentucky play in the KHSAA?

see my above post

So to answer the question you put in the title of your post: Does the best high school team in Kentucky play in the KHSAA? Yes, it does. Because if not in the KHSAA, then it's not really a high school team, but a group of all stars assembled on one team and the school part is secondary. Doesn't pass the smell test.

So to answer the question you put in the title of your post: Does the best high school team in Kentucky play in the KHSAA? Yes, it does. Because if not in the KHSAA, then it's not really a high school team, but a group of all stars assembled on one team and the school part is secondary. Doesn't pass the smell test.

Wesley Christian is a School with teachers, again we are not speaking on Vision Prep. Wesley Christian has a school with teachers etc. Not sure if I am clearly communicating that.

Wesley Christian is a School with teachers, again we are not speaking on Vision Prep. Wesley Christian has a school with teachers etc. Not sure if I am clearly communicating that.

But is it a prep/boarding school? Or whatever other name not in the traditional sense of a school.

But is it a prep/boarding school? Or whatever other name not in the traditional sense of a school.

Yes kids do stay there, not necessarily a prep school, however they do play a prep level schedule. They use to be in the KCAA league which is the Kentucky Christian Athletic Association. Academics do come first at this school, and yes they do recruit. There are boarding schools in Kentucky that compete in the KHSAA that have kids come in from all over the world, also it is a traditional christian school.

Yes kids do stay there, not necessarily a prep school, however they do play a prep level schedule. They use to be in the KCAA league which is the Kentucky Christian Athletic Association. Academics do come first at this school, and yes they do recruit. There are boarding schools in Kentucky that compete in the KHSAA that have kids come in from all over the world, also it is a traditional christian school.

Then, to repeat what Wireman said:

They recruit their entire roster so they should be the best team in Kentucky.

And the fact they are in Kentucky really doesn't matter. They could be anywhere else and if they recruit, they have an unfair advantage.

Then, to repeat what Wireman said:

And the fact they are in Kentucky really doesn't matter. They could be anywhere else and if they recruit, they have an unfair advantage.

I agree with Wireman, I would like to see how this team does vs. the top teams in Kentucky.

I agree with Wireman, I would like to see how this team does vs. the top teams in Kentucky.

What would it prove though? That an all-star team can beat a high school team?

Didn't KHSAA just reverse the out of state Prep School ban? Does that include in state?

If the restrictions were to be lifted there would still need to be a limit in place. Maybe a max of 2 games a year for each KHSAA member school to compete against an "Academy" school.

That would keep the better KHSAA schools from scheduling 15 games a year against National Academy teams but still allow them to play a superior opponent to test themselves.

Didn't KHSAA just reverse the out of state Prep School ban? Does that include in state?

Yes out of state was reversed. In state schools still have to be a member of the KHSAA to play other in state schools.

What would it prove though? That an all-star team can beat a high school team?

It would allow schools like Trinity, Dunbar, and Bowling Green a chance to play prep programs and gain exposure and allow them to play on a National Platform. To be honest I do think that the 3 programs I listed above could compete with a Wesley Christian.

It would allow schools like Trinity, Dunbar, and Bowling Green a chance to play prep programs and gain exposure and allow them to play on a National Platform. To be honest I do think that the 3 programs I listed above could compete with a Wesley Christian.

They can play preps schools that are out of state. If these prep schools in KY want to play the members of KHSAA then they can join.

I believe that Hazard played Oak Hill Academy 5 or 6 years ago, and Oak Hill is a prep school. I wasn't aware the khsaa prohibited Kentucky high schools from playing prep schools. When did they vote in that rule?

I believe that Hazard played Oak Hill Academy 5 or 6 years ago, and Oak Hill is a prep school. I wasn't aware the khsaa prohibited Kentucky high schools from playing prep schools. When did they vote in that rule?

A few years ago and it was reversed this past delegate meeting so they can start playing out of state prep

Schools.