velcro12

Does the best high school team in Kentucky play in the KHSAA?

I question the education provided at basketball schools like this one.

"And although we outsource our education, we do provide tutors academically"

pulled directly from webpage. So it's basically a Fall AAU team?

Vision Prep is not a school it is a program for post graduates. Also, it is combined with AAU Team vision, so the kid that you saw was 2026 is part of the AAU program. There are many programs similar to this one in other states, that allow kids an extra year to raise their SAT/ACT scores.

see my above post

see my above post

Wow. One player featured on the roster is currently in third grade (Class of 2026).

see my above post

Will they be invited to play in the All A tourney?

I also saw University Heights is participating in a big event, which is great exposure for those kids.

Schools should have the choice to play against the best competition they think they can compete against IMO.

It would seem that since they employ a basketball coach but not teachers, that they are using the term school rather loosely.

Wow. One player featured on the roster is currently in third grade (Class of 2026).

Wow, ok. To me this isn't a real school. We have LaLumieire prep school over here in Indiana. I believe they have 1 kid on their roster that is actually from Indiana. I do not count them as legit team, it's basically an aau all star team. I know how it sounds, old fashion and prep schools are the future but I would not want a prep school like that to play in the IHSAA tourney or KHSAA tourney.

As far as difference in Indiana and Kentucky I for one know that the game is officiated differently. It's hard to even go a quarter without at least 2 or 3 traveling calls over here, must have been a point of emphasis. In Kentucky, especially in the Louisville area the refs tend to swallow their whistles more. Kentucky has had their good players, it's just that they tend to move away to prep schools, like D'angelo and Rondo. That is just now hitting Indiana as well with 3 of the top 5 seniors moving to prep schools up here. The population sizes of Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne, Evansville, and Gary compared to Louisville and Lexington have something to do with how many "good players" come out of each state.

I love how Kentucky has their tournament set up. I wish Indiana still had their one class/ one state champion as well. Both states are good in their own ways and love being so close to Kentucky that I can also attend games in the bluegrass as well as in Indiana.

If they want to be in the KHSAA they have to follow KHSAA rules. This "fall AAU team" as stated would not pass the recruiting bylaw I'm guessing. Ridiculous this is even brought up.

Wesley christian is a school , vision prep is not a school, we ae talking about Wesley

If they want to be in the KHSAA they have to follow KHSAA rules. This "fall AAU team" as stated would not pass the recruiting bylaw I'm guessing. Ridiculous this is even brought up.

Im not talking about playing n the khsaa , the thread was no restrictions on regular season play, and Wesley christian is a school

KHSAA schools should be able to play whoever they want. That's a stupid rule that should be changed. Make them exhibition games if you want