velcro12

Does the best high school team in Kentucky play in the KHSAA?

I have been to many KHSAA games in the past 20 years and I have a vast knowledge of Kentucky High School sports dating back to 1995. I have saw some of the best teams in the state; which is good basketball, however our high school teams are lacking size and athleticism when compared to other states such as Ohio and Indiana.

Then enters Wesley Christian a small christian school out of Allen Kentucky. I really feel as though not many folks around here have heard of the school or know what the program is all about. However, they have size starters go 6'9,6'8,6'7,6'3,6'2, with some big kids left on the bench and 3-5 players with Division 1 offers. They play a national schedule and have even defeated one of the best teams in the country Huntington Prep out of West Virginia. I would truly like to see how Wesley Christian would fair against some of our Lexington schools or Louisville schools to see who is truly the best high school team in Kentucky.

When it comes to basketball Kentucky is behind the 8 ball as far as programming goes. Many other states have prep programs that play a national schedule, while Kentucky frowns on prep programs and even AAU programs that promote our players on a national scale. I would like to see a change in our traditional ways or at least allow KHSAA programs compete against teams like Wesley Christian.

They recruit their entire roster so they should be the best team in Kentucky.

I have been to many KHSAA games in the past 20 years and I have a vast knowledge of Kentucky High School sports dating back to 1995. I have saw some of the best teams in the state; which is good basketball, however our high school teams are lacking size and athleticism when compared to other states such as Ohio and Indiana.

Then enters Wesley Christian a small christian school out of Allen Kentucky. I really feel as though not many folks around here have heard of the school or know what the program is all about. However, they have size starters go 6'9,6'8,6'7,6'3,6'2, with some big kids left on the bench and 3-5 players with Division 1 offers. They play a national schedule and have even defeated one of the best teams in the country Huntington Prep out of West Virginia. I would truly like to see how Wesley Christian would fair against some of our Lexington schools or Louisville schools to see who is truly the best high school team in Kentucky.

When it comes to basketball Kentucky is behind the 8 ball as far as programming goes. Many other states have prep programs that play a national schedule, while Kentucky frowns on prep programs and even AAU programs that promote our players on a national scale. I would like to see a change in our traditional ways or at least allow KHSAA programs compete against teams like Wesley Christian.

What part of Kentucky do these kids come from?

They come from all over the world, however some kids are from West Virginia, Kentucky etc... Not saying they should compete in the KHSAA but I would like to see the restriction of playing them released.

Interesting. I had never heard of them. Looking at their schedule they play another Kentucky prep school named Vision Prep. This is all new to me.

They come from all over the world, however some kids are from West Virginia, Kentucky etc... Not saying they should compete in the KHSAA but I would like to see the restriction of playing them released.

I'd be interested in seeing how some of the best teams in KY fare against them.

I'd like to see any restrictions lifted that are in place, that would allow Kentucky schools play prep schools.

I do believe they are ranked in the top 10 nationally for their type of team. I know they beat Huntington Prep earlier this season

The fact that KHSAA prohibits member schools from playing prep schools is ridiculous.

Interesting. I had never heard of them. Looking at their schedule they play another Kentucky prep school named Vision Prep. This is all new to me.

Can anybody give info on this one?

Looking at Wesley Christian School Profile | Allen, Kentucky (KY), it seems the majority of their total high school enrollment is the basketball team. 21 players on two teams, blue team, and red team. Of those 21, only 5 are from the United States.Two of the 5 are from Kentucky. Wesley Christian Basketball | Official Website | ItsMyPlay.com They are listed as an International Christian School.

"And although we outsource our education, we do provide tutors academically"

pulled directly from webpage. So it's basically a Fall AAU team?

Wow. One player featured on the roster is currently in third grade (Class of 2026).