GOREDDEVILS

Russell @ Ashland Predictions 9/9

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Still not sure what to think of Russell but I do believe Ashland is still trying to find its identity on both sides of the ball. Russell does seem to have a pretty solid defense so for that reason Ill take the Devils

Russell will probably be favored but I look for Ashland to get their first W of 2016.

Ashland by a TD or less

Heard Adkins will get the nod at qb, Ratliff will be in the defensive secondary, Brown and Roberts will be in the backfield with Love and Burgess back on the O line. Could get interesting this Friday at Putnam.

Ashland will be hungry. This could be a very good game if Russell came move the ball on offense.

Close games tend to go the way of the Tomcats when played in Putnam.

Close games tend to go the way of the Tomcats when played in Putnam.

this one didn't:banana:[video=youtube;oF-BkjUd0ec]

I think this will be a somewhat low scoring game with Russell winning by 7

Russell 21

Ashand 14

I think this will be the game Ashland puts all the pieces together and gets their first win of the season. I'll save my scoring prediction until game day.

Heard Adkins will get the nod at qb, Ratliff will be in the defensive secondary, Brown and Roberts will be in the backfield with Love and Burgess back on the O line. Could get interesting this Friday at Putnam.

Not that my opinion counts for much, but I think Adkins at QB is the right call. Not just for right now, but the next couple of years as well.

I'd be surprised not to see Ratliff get some snaps on offense at WR or out of the backfield. He's a playmaker with the ball in his hands.

This scenario reminds me of 2008 when a 2-loss Tomcat team welcomed an undefeated Russell team to Putnam with then freshman QB Sam Hunter getting his first career start. I recall Ashland coming down the steps that night and thinking that Russell was running into a buzz saw. Ashland went on to win that game and Hunter turned out to be a pretty good QB. History may not repeat itself but it is a very similar situation.

Incidentally, I agree that the QB change is the right move for this Ashland team. Ratliff is a good athlete and I could see him being of value at receiver and on defense. With Brown, Roberts, and Ratliff on offense, Russell is facing a very different Ashland team than Raceland and GW faced. Russell is tough, though, and there is no doubt they will come to play and test what Ashland is made of. This should be a really entertaining game.

this one didn't:banana:[video=youtube;oF-BkjUd0ec]

Conley ran wild that night. We sure could use another performance like that from him this Friday. #4 seems to like playing at Putnam. In 2014, he had a career high 214 yards rushing and in 2012, as an 8th grader, he ran for over 100 yards and was named offensive MVP of the Kiwanis Bowl.