Sign in to follow this  
spindoc

Greenup County 31 Fleming County 30

The QB Crump from Fleming is a pretty good ball player. I kinda thought they were a little "overrated" but that kind of offense with just an average qb in high school is pretty tough to stop. He got in a rythm in the 2nd and I thought for sure they were gonna come back. Great job Musketeers fighting back still a lot to improve though. Get ready for the Rams next week

Congrats to GC, this one went as I thought, a close win for the Muskies !

We (Raceland) will see you for the "rumble on the river" next week. Should be a good ol' good un' .

The tale of this game was field position early and turnovers. In the first quarter Greenup capitalized off of a short field and turnover (pick 6) to build th e 24-0 lead.

Fleming County then took control and scored the next 30 points before Greenup County scored on the kickoff return that ended up being the game winner.

All in all a great high school game to watch.

Greenup did enough to get the win. Fleming will have to get the turnover bug under control and they will be fine. For 3 quarters I felt they controlled the game. But, you play 4 in football!

Crump from Fleming had another big night as well as 42 Zac Alexander. He had several catches last night and one that was one of the best catches I have seen in a game.

Im not sure how Fleming could have controlled the game 3 out of 4 qtrs... They only had one first down in the first half and that was on the 65 yrd pass play.

Im not sure how Fleming could have controlled the game 3 out of 4 qtrs... They only had one first down in the first half and that was on the 65 yrd pass play.

How many did Greenup have after the first quarter? Look at the stats in the ADI. Fleming had way more yards. Greenup dominated the first quarter and then had a kickoff return in the 4th. Never threatened to score after the field goal. First quarter was 21-0 Greenup. Second was 16-3 Fleming. 3rd was 8-0 Fleming. 4th was 7-6 Greenup on a kickoff return. Fleming had another drive in the red zone in the 4th and fumbled.

When did Greenup threaten to score after the field goal?

Greenup did enough to win, but if their defense is great, Fleming must have a phenomenal offense because they threw for well over 200 yards and 4 TD's. Your offense scored twice on Fleming. The other scores were int off a tipped pass and kick off return.

Edited by Pick-six

Sign in to follow this