Sign in to follow this  
GOREDDEVILS

Russell 13 Ironton (OH) 6

Congrats to the Red Devils on a big Win :thumb:. I actually thought they would win by more but a W is W and even though not as good as in the past, Ironton is still a good football team, program

Good job Russell!

A 3A team actually winning games is a rarity this year!

From the outside looking in, the defense looks really good, the offense needs some work. But wins are wins and I've thought all along Russell might be better than some were expecting. Should be a fun team to follow this fall.

Good job Russell!

A 3A team actually winning games is a rarity this year!

What a dumb statement.

I-Town might be on their way to one of their worse seasons ever. Changes I.M.O. will happen soon.

I would agree with you. The Ironton community does not like to loose. They live for the fighting Tigers. They appeared to have the players but we're just not that machine you expect.

What a dumb statement.

What is the combined record of 3A mainstays Boyle, LexCath, Caldwell, Central, Lawrence County, and Paducah Tilghman?

Let's call it what it is this is a down year in 3A with exception of Belfry and Corbin so seeing Russell continue to pull out close games is a pleasant relief.

I hate that anyone in 3A not named Belfry is down this year or atleast so it seems. Simply bc Belfry is so darn good this year. Wish their was a finess team with the same potential to face them in BG.

I hate that anyone in 3A not named Belfry is down this year or atleast so it seems. Simply bc Belfry is so darn good this year. Wish their was a finess team with the same potential to face them in BG.

A finesse team to play then in Bowling Green? Like Lexington Catholic last year, who were beat after the first first down of the game?

What a dumb statement.

Belfry and Corbin are undefeated and solid, but what about everyone else:

Combined record of teams 3-8 in BGP's rankings last week: 8-14

Best win: Either Garrard over Shelby County or Russell over Greenup County

Face it, there isn't a lot of meat on the 3A bone right now. I do expect the class to improve as the year goes along, however.

Sign in to follow this