MJAlltheWay24

Alexandria Brewing Company

When heading southbound on 27, it would do them well if they could get all those weeds and brush removed. You almost pass it up without realizing it.

I don't think most breweries have a lit sign.

No real restaurant is a norm for breweries as well. The fact that they have a permanent food truck is a step above what a lot of breweries are doing.

For comparison, the majority of breweries don't have restaurants or lit signs. They seem to do alright.

As you know, not a big brewery fan, but never knew they didn't normally have lit signs.

Side note, I ate at a restaurant this weekend in Chicago called the 'untitled supper club' It didn't even have an name on the outside of the building. Just 2 solid doors near the address. Kind of like a speakeasy.

Made it to ABC last night. Nice place. Chatted with the owner for a bit, nice guy.

The idea that there is a food truck is a misconception. It ‘s pretty much a regular restaurant. Folks that ate, said it was very good. Saw lots of familiar faces in the place. Not a millennial to be found. All old folks like me looking for a place close to home. 2 of them, unsolicited, said they wish they severed a regular lite beer and may not return because of it. They place was VERY bright inside. They could use a dimmer switch.

Owner did say he was in the process of brewing a lighter Pilsner and it would be ready in a month. The one I had was drinkable, but not something I’d want to drink often. He also let me try a couple others that left that hairy feeling on my teeth.

I tried it last week. Thought the ABC beers I tried in the flight were okay. I stayed away from the overly hoppy ones. I actually liked the porters from Bellevue better.

I will add, in all fairness to ABC, my ability to taste is still limited.

Edited by Run To State

I will comment on the "no sign or not a lighted sign". I have worked ( commercial property management) and lived in Alexandria a long time. Just putting a sign up is not that easy in this town. Many a small business has come and gone and most people didn't even know they were here.

I will comment on the "no sign or not a lighted sign". I have worked ( commercial property management) and lived in Alexandria a long time. Just putting a sign up is not that easy in this town. Many a small business has come and gone and most people didn't even know they were here.

I’ve seen many come and go living here the last 24 years. Most are underfunded and never have the capital to get thru the though times. Some person with a dream that was never thought through very well.

We usually take a glance and set the over/under on how long they will last.

I’ve seen many come and go living here the last 24 years. Most are underfunded and never have the capital to get thru the though times. Some person with a dream that was never thought through very well.

We usually take a glance and set the over/under on how long they will last.

I will agree with this.

My feelings are that this area doesn't have enough consumers of craft beer. I'd never be able to talk my dad into a place like that. He drinks Beast and only at home. I think there are many like him in this area.

I enjoy craft beers but I tend to follow in my dad's footsteps. I only drink at home. I will probably stop by for a growler fill at some point.

I too worry about the lack of signage. At its current location it is tucked away and many times I drive by without noticing it. I want their dream to work and will stop by on occasion. But I'll admit - my confidence is low.

Played a $1 exacta box which paid 30ish back. For the first half of the race Promises Fulfilled had me excited at 50:1 but an overall good race.

I will agree with this.

My feelings are that this area doesn't have enough consumers of craft beer. I'd never be able to talk my dad into a place like that. He drinks Beast and only at home. I think there are many like him in this area.

I enjoy craft beers but I tend to follow in my dad's footsteps. I only drink at home. I will probably stop by for a growler fill at some point.

I too worry about the lack of signage. At its current location it is tucked away and many times I drive by without noticing it. I want their dream to work and will stop by on occasion. But I'll admit - my confidence is low.

There has only been one brewery in the Cinci area close and that was the original - Blake Slate over by Lunken. Location was a problem plus there were two others within a mile.

I am curious about this one - interesting location - not a lot of people coming there that aren't FROM there. Wooden Cask in Newport, Braxton's in Covington, and Darkness in Bellevue are in areas that draw people to the area. That's not true for this place.

I love a good brewery so I'll go check it out.

Played a $1 exacta box which paid 30ish back. For the first half of the race Promises Fulfilled had me excited at 50:1 but an overall good race.

ABC thanks you for your race bet... :lol2:

I believe they are planning to eventually do Crowlers too, which will be nice.

There has only been one brewery in the Cinci area close and that was the original - Blake Slate over by Lunken. Location was a problem plus there were two others within a mile.

Easy to forget about Ei8htball Brewing since Braxton Labs replaced it, but gotta up that number to two.

I will agree with this.

I was told once The new subdivision Arcadia is finished, Alexandria will finally have enough homes to support a chain sit down restaurant (Applebee's, Fridays, type place). I see that place going in North of the area or across the street. Not many people will want to turn right out of that subdivision and go very far.

I was told once The new subdivision Arcadia is finished, Alexandria will finally have enough homes to support a chain sit down restaurant (Applebee's, Fridays, type place). I see that place going in North of the area or across the street. Not many people will want to turn right out of that subdivision and go very far.

Arcadia is going to be huge when they finish all the phases of it. We looked there but didn't like the few lots left within our budget. Nice neighborhood.

I did make the same comments that are being made here. Was sure how well it would be supported by those south of ABC.

From a conversation I had last weekend with someone who knows Andy, the brewery is far exceeding their expectations so far. I'm hopeful & optimistic it'll keep it up.