Lex Cath team to beat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexcathfan - welcome. Always good to have the central part of the Commonwealth represented.

Its been decided by those who decide that this is not AOL IM and, thus, proper capitalization and grammar rules are in play. FYI.

No one can honestly argue with that statement. Lexington Catholic should win another state championship with a minimum of difficulty. Our Rose Hill girls will again participate in LexCath's fine tournament in December and the Lady Knights are scheduled to visit Rose Hill for a game in, I believe, January.

Rose Hill will, like last year, be shorthanded. However, it should be a good year with three starters back including Terry and Queen.

I saw the Lady Knights in the AAU tourney this summer at the KBA and they were tough. They were without Stevens and her backup in the Center and still cruised throughout. Green and Novosel may be the best two players in the State this year. Snowden is solid and last years sixth man, Kelly Cash will be very dangerous w/ good height and a nice shot from outside. Going into the season this team definately deserves the #1 ranking.

No one can honestly argue with that statement. Lexington Catholic should win another state championship with a minimum of difficulty. Our Rose Hill girls will again participate in LexCath's fine tournament in December and the Lady Knights are scheduled to visit Rose Hill for a game in, I believe, January.

Rose Hill will, like last year, be shorthanded. However, it should be a good year with three starters back including Terry and Queen.

Shorthanded last year? With arguably the three best players in the region they were shorthanded?

Come on scooterbob that line is getting old.

Actually, Jay, by "shorthanded" I meant that the bench was short on personnel. It will again be short on personnel. However, I do agree with you that Rose Hill had the three best players in the 16th Region last year.

My purpose in posting was to salute Lexington Catholic. Some in our area like to continually talk about their tradition. In recent years, the school with the winning tradition is clearly LexCath. Their athletic program is the best in the Commonwealth.

As for our 16th Region, I believe most expect Russell to be favored to win the region since they return two all-staters of their own in Okora and Fortman not to mention several other seasoned players. They are also very well coached.

... Green and Novosel may be the best two players in the State this year...

Others would differ. Queen is arguably the most versatile player in the state, Gray and Terry the best shooters, Okoro can hold her own against any post player in the state.

As for match-ups, check the tape of last season's final. Novosel drove at will until Queen asked to defend her in the 4th quarter...you can see the results. Clearly, it will be a fun season for the fans.

Excuse me, that's my bias spilling onto the floor...;)

Others would differ. Queen is arguably the most versatile player in the state, Gray and Terry the best shooters, Okoro can hold her own against any post player in the state.

As for match-ups, check the tape of last season's final. Novosel drove at will until Queen asked to defend her in the 4th quarter...you can see the results. Clearly, it will be a fun season for the fans.

Excuse me, that's my bias spilling onto the floor...;)

Wow, I read that too fast and I thought you said that was Bilas spilling on to the floor, and that would have been a sight to see!!!!!!!!!:creepy:

Yes Rose Hill was very good. But if you look at when they played in the regular season. Lex Cath destroyed them when they played at Catholic. So yea they out played themselves that night and well Catholic didn't play their best ball. But how long can Catholic dominence last 2 more years or longer?

I didn't assert that they were the best two, but I will say that they easily fit at the top. Despite being only Sophmores last year both girls really helped give Catholic an edge. Both are very versatile as both penetrators, shooters, and Novosel can definately grab some rebounds. The three games I saw this summer (while obviously still summer league ball) impressed me because both girls seemed to have improved a little more. Still, im sure there are others in the state w/ good talent and will be able to play at the same caliber as these two.

I just wonder how many teams can bost the 1-2 punch of both girls while still having Keyla Snowden waiting in the wings to hit clutch shots and other versatile players like Kelly Cash who can play center one series and suddenly pop out for threes the next. Lexington Catholic doesn't have great depth, only 7 players may see large amounts of playing time, but the 7 or so that get to play are stocked full of talent.