Scott High Grad Kellen Smith Sets School Record

Clyde

You guys beat me to this. I've been following him during his years up north. Congrats to Kellen. Hard nose, hard working kid who survived a coaching change at SVSU. Congrats to Kellen and his family. Good people!

• 4 weeks later...

Kellen Smith, who haunted many 10th region and NKY teams is currently haunting the GLIAC. The SVSU Cardinals just clinched a conference playoff birth and are ranked 21st in NCAA D2.

Kellen has started every game and is averaging 4.3 PPG and a whopping 5.5 assists per game.

SVSU is 19-4 overall and 15-2 in conference.

Findlay, home of Cov Cath's Nick Ruthsatz is in second place in the conference. Nick has played in every game and is averaging 3.5 PPG and 1.9 assists.

Findlay won the only meeting between the 2 teams. Best of luck to both teams!

SVSU has reached it's highest national ranking since school went D2. Close out the season with 4 out of 5 games at home.

With a strong finish they can host the GLIAC conference tournament.

Kellen has a had a chance to be part of a class that turned it around. Pretty poor team when this bunch arrived. Nice to leave on top.

Kellen has a had a chance to be part of a class that turned it around. Pretty poor team when this bunch arrived. Nice to leave on top.

I want to say the coach was fired a few years ago and a new one brought in. New coach didn't renew many scholarships but one of the few he kept was Kellen.

• 6 months later...

Kellen has landed a Graduate Assistant gig with John Brannen and the Norse.

That's the 3rd NKY kid I can think of who landed GA gigs in the last year. Ricardo Johnson at X and Jake Thelen at IU.

Congrats to Kellen.

Kellen has landed a Graduate Assistant gig with John Brannen and the Norse.

That's the 3rd NKY kid I can think of who landed GA gigs in the last year. Ricardo Johnson at X and Jake Thelen at IU.

Congrats to Kellen.

Steven McFarland from Boone was a GA at UK for two years prior to this coming season.