Doubletake1906

Kentucky/Tennessee Border Bowl

Game is January 16th 2PM @ University of the Cumberlands, players are to report for practice on January 13th, website is kytnborderbowl.com

Edited by Paradise City
Add info

Game is January 16th 2PM @ University of the Cumberlands, players are to report for practice on January 13th, website is kytnborderbowl.com

Thanks for the info, but who are the players???

Not sure who all is on the team but it will be players from across the state, I do know Owensboro had two selected, Madisonville one, and Daviess County one. Other than that I am assuming the entire list will be released soon as players found out Christmas Eve.

Edited by Paradise City
Reword

Never heard of many of the kids listed at QB for KY which worries me a little, but otherwise looks like a lot of talent is on the squad. Good luck, boys.

The Woods kid from Whitley is a dual-threat, stat-machine. 1764 yds rushing with 19 TDs and 1778 yds passing with 18 TDs. Haven't seen him play but he has some highlights online.

The Burke kid from Tates Creek is a very efficient QB, I enjoyed watching him play. He is the grandson of Roy Walton.

I don't know anything about Hamilton from Cov Holy Cross.

Best of luck KY. Expect to see Damon Lowe and Sydnor (both from Trinity) with big games. I know both of them have been waiting to buckle up the chin strap since the Male game.

This at one time was a free event when the Nat Gaurd sponsored it. I was told several kids turned it down when the cost to play was about 400 bucks. Three original pics from the Lex area that I know of turned it down athlete Davis from Bryan Station , QB Bolin from Bourbon and a lineman from Lex Cath. Im sure there were more. I think these guys have offers or committed from what imtold and decided to pass it up.

Well I think with the military budget cuts the Nat Guard is not sposoring athletic events like they did. The Nfl players camp that they sponsored that was free in the summer was also stopped last year. It was a 3 day camp at Tates creek and was free to all kids.Great little camp. Fun for the kids and did a great job promoting football in Lexington.

This at one time was a free event when the Nat Gaurd sponsored it. I was told several kids turned it down when the cost to play was about 400 bucks. Three original pics from the Lex area that I know of turned it down athlete Davis from Bryan Station , QB Bolin from Bourbon and a lineman from Lex Cath. Im sure there were more. I think these guys have offers or committed from what imtold and decided to pass it up.

I coached in the Border Bowl its first year (2008) and I can assure you they had to pay the $300 that year...and I'm pretty sure it's stayed the same amount every year since.