PurplePride92

Trinity 74 Covington Catholic 72 (OT)

^^^^Not comparing style of play or ability.

Simply stating that I don't think playing JV against smaller less physical players helps development. That's all.

I do. I think that it enables a kid to develop more confidence in moves. Fine tune technique b/c you aren't rushing to get to certain spots on the post. Small things that let him practice his moves correctly to get them quicker w/ confidence. You are correct that he needs to get his body used to playing at Varsity speed and that practicing against the 1s is the only way to do that (outside of playing in Varsity games) but I don't think that you can completely say that JV doesn't help with development.

Those young punk kids!

Get off my lawn!

Whatever.

Isn't the box 6 feet wide? 3 feet both ways. If not' date=' a foot and a half doesn't give you much room.[/quote']

3 feet wide.

Did they even play a game? Sports & media outlets have become nothing but constant outbursts about a "controversy" within the game. i.e - the No Fun League. Have been out of the loop this weekend, was hoping for more game commentary about all three games (F,JV,V) from this site. Oh well.