Simon Kenton 51 Notre Dame Academy 47

Notre Dame controlled the first half taking 7 point lead to the half and 5 to the 4th quarter. SK began to hit the offensive boards hard as they were not shooting well and that got them a late 2-3 point lead. NDA coach got a questionable T under 2 mins left down 2-3 after a very very bad call and SK takes advantage. was a 4-5 point swing.

Hard fought game by two very determined teams which was fun to watch. Good luck to both the rest of the way. Stay healthy to both teams

I am not going to go into the officiating but will just say both teams battled and battled. NDA is tough with a few tough kids that can play. SK is tough anddeeper and has a lot of tools. I thought they kept players legs fresh. Baugh had a big offensive game for NDA. Gribben and Zimmerman fouled out and Martin is foul trouble early. As was Neace.

Congrats to SK on the win and NDA for a solid outing. When I see the blow out scores from across the state, I think the close scores in many NKY games make a statement about the level of talent in the area.

I was just thinking the same. The ladies in NKY are very talented, as the close games have shown.

Congrats to SK on the win and NDA for a solid outing. When I see the blow out scores from across the state, I think the close scores in many NKY games make a statement about the level of talent in the area.

Couldn't agree more! Great statement. NKY has some really good teams and very balanced. I know Holmes is considered the favorite right now and they should be. But it will be interesting to see how it plays out when they start playing teams that know them and have played their style last year. I will give a lot of teams a break last year seeing Holmes' "shock and awe" for the first time. But teams should be better prepared for that this year. Still have to execute against it though! Should be a very fun year watching all of us beat up on each other.

I was just thinking the same. The ladies in NKY are very talented, as the close games have shown.

I agree. I just found out NDA pg Hagen is a sophomore. I watched NDA 3-4 times last year and don't recall her. The nky sophomore class is unreal. It may be the best class we've seen in a long time. Fun years ahead. Not to mention the 8th graders at SK who made a couple key shots.

I agree. I just found out NDA pg Hagen is a sophomore. I watched NDA 3-4 times last year and don't recall her. The nky sophomore class is unreal. It may be the best class we've seen in a long time. Fun years ahead. Not to mention the 8th graders at SK who made a couple key shots.

Sophomore class is very deep! Senior class is pretty good as well, but I think that sophomore class is deeper with talent. Really nice class. And if they aren't the best overall, they have to be pretty close.

How did Jenna Martin do?

13 points. Several steals. At times was covered by 2 -3 SK players which definitely opened the way for other NDA players to score. Pandas played aggressive and as a team. Hope more good games to come.

13 points. Several steals. At times was covered by 2 -3 SK players which definitely opened the way for other NDA players to score. Pandas played aggressive and as a team. Hope more good games to come.

Have to say going into the season last year, I was a little skeptical of Martin. I just hadn't heard much about her and folks were starting to talk about her. So I was anxious to see her play when we played them. Really felt like she might struggle against HHS pressure.

I left that game impressed! Skilled and gritty. Plays really hard and I LOVE kids like that. So she has a new fan! Not sure if that's a good thing these days. lol. But at least she gained a fan.

Have to say going into the season last year, I was a little skeptical of Martin. I just hadn't heard much about her and folks were starting to talk about her. So I was anxious to see her play when we played them. Really felt like she might struggle against HHS pressure.

I left that game impressed! Skilled and gritty. Plays really hard and I LOVE kids like that. So she has a new fan! Not sure if that's a good thing these days. lol. But at least she gained a fan.

Props to Gilliam who played defense for SK against Martin. She is quick and a hard working defender. They played AAU some this summer and earned a lot of respect for each other. Gilliam's speed and her defensive ability are definitely a plus for SK again this year.