Simon Kenton 80 Mason County 55

Interesting to note about that T. I saw #2 twice earlier in the game deliver the ball to the ref in a fashion that was not okay with the referee. Once it was very hard return of the ball from the free throw line and the other time was a toss of the ball from a short distance that the ref caught at or near his head. I noticed the ref give him "the look". So the later T may have been a result of earlier actions as well. I don't think#2 did anything bad he just was aggressive in getting the ball to the ref.

By the way, SK is huge! They must be one of the tallest teams in the state. They could make a serious run in the 8th.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the attitude. Mason got very chippy when they got down by 20 plus and the SK kids never backed down. Refs got whistle happy late in the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. Made for a long second half. Pig for Mason picked up a T for hitting the ref in the face with the ball. Not hard, just flicked the ball at him and hit the ref. I didn't see it but everyone sitting around me said he did it. Cottrell for SK got a T for talking trash to a Mason kid after a jump ball. Cottrell didn't see the floor again for SK.

The biggest thing I see from this SK team is the players all like each other and enjoy playing with each other. I don't think that has happen in the last few years at SK, to many personnel agendas on those teams. I like how lively the bench was cheering on the players on the floor. I know its only one game but I like this team. Be very interested to see the attitude after a loss. Like Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. We need to see their reaction after getting punched in the mouth and getting a W.

I was on the opposite side of the court but I thought the ball hit Fries in the head?

From where I sit there was no intent at all by Pig to hit Fries in the face with the ball. It looked to me that Pig was looking in the opposite direction when he tipped it. No reaction from Austin was not a surprise either he is very level headed and whether it was intentional or not he would not let it bother him.

Anyone at the game.....

Did Mason press the whole game?

They pressed some but definitely not the whole game and it wasn't very effective. SK looked good for the first game; size, shooting and played hard. However, it appeared MC was not at full strength with several guys on the bench wearing warmups. Not sure what was wrong with them but I don't think SK took MC's best punch...not a normal quality Royals team.

They pressed some but definitely not the whole game and it wasn't very effective. SK looked good for the first game; size, shooting and played hard. However, it appeared MC was not at full strength with several guys on the bench wearing warmups. Not sure what was wrong with them but I don't think SK took MC's best punch...not a normal quality Royals team.

One of SK's best big man Colton Williams didn't play either.

The T on Williams was horendous. Williams and Fries use to be AAU teammates for a few years, and spent time before the game talking in the stands for a long time.

Williams got fouled by Fries, turned and tossed the ball to the ref. Fries walked straight into line with the ball and it hit him on the side of the head. Ref immediately called a technical, which was Williams 5th foul as well.

If it was intentional I think tempers would have flared, but even Fries looked confused on what had just happened, and why Williams had been T'd up.

SK still won very easy none of the calls would have changed the game.

Anytime Mason got the game to single digits the refs got "whistle happy". So yes they did change the game. Anytime Mason Co went over the back it was immediately called, but on the other end when SK went over the back it was never called. Officiating was horrendous IMO, I left after the T on Pig because of how bad of a call it was.

Anytime Mason got the game to single digits the refs got "whistle happy". So yes they did change the game. Anytime Mason Co went over the back it was immediately called, but on the other end when SK went over the back it was never called. Officiating was horrendous IMO, I left after the T on Pig because of how bad of a call it was.

Game wasn't in single digits half way thru the first period.

Game wasn't in single digits half way thru the first period.

I was there, Mason had it down to 8 several times in the 1st three periods but then it would end up going back up to 15 within a minute. Don't get me wrong SK was the better team last night. Just disappointed with the officiating and how the Royals responded to adversity. But then it again it's only the 2nd game of the year.

Is MC that bad? Terrible loss

No, not all at. Missing 4 players to start the game, Leevi Dunnaway sprained his ankle in the JV game and did not play varsity which made them even thinner. They'll be much better when they get everyone back, plus other than Pig they're really inexperienced.