centre

Kobe announces he will retire after this season

Second greatest shooting guard ever. I'm glad he announced it now so he can get the royal treatment the rest of the season. He also won't have to listen to folks saying he needs to retire anymore.

In related news, his body retired last season. One of the all the time greats though. Respect.

Sad day. Legend. Not the biggest Kobe fan but have to give him credit. He's one of the best of alltime.

Class move. Now fire the front office and coach.

Call Tibs and Danny Ferrry asap (Needs 2nd chance)

Class move. Now fire the front office and coach.

Call Tibs and Danny Ferrry asap (Needs 2nd chance)

And call Jerry West!!!!!!

Second best ever behind MJ.

Ride off into the sunset, Mamba. You deserve it.

It's time, I hate to see him playing this way. I'm already sad about it being over even though he stinks right now.

Just watched the post game presser with Kobe talking about the decision...pretty good stuff.

If you are a Kobe fan (Looking at you PP92) you need to try to find that press conf in full.

Just watched the post game presser with Kobe talking about the decision...pretty good stuff.

If you are a Kobe fan (Looking at you PP92) you need to try to find that press conf in full.

Heard a short clip of it on the radio this morning. I'll be looking for it later as well.

Always loved the competitive fire that he had.

Really good stuff, all young college kids should watch that and take pointers on talking to the media. He's going to have a lot of TV opportunities next year if he wants it.

I'm hoping with his announcement he can get it going over the next 4 months. Im not talking Kobe of 12 years ago, just competitive numbers.

I know he has been thru a ton of rehab the last couple years, but I would have never guessed/imagined the struggles he is having to score right now.

Nothing will go in for the bucket extremely weird.