Black - JUCO & then UK & NY Mets

Johnson - Pirates draft pick

Hacker - Morehead State

Proccacino - William Carey

Collins - Bellarmine

Maley - NKU

Bertsch - NKU

Greene - Indiana

How many classes have had two preps selected in top 10 rounds of MLB draft? My guess is not many.

I believe a couple pitchers with Campbell Co also pitched at NKU - Haggard and Neace?

Edit

Edited by Samcro
Duplicate

Etler - UK - 3rd Round Reds

Berger - Louisville & on to White Sox

Lantz - Southern Illinois

Soward - Miami OH

Brandon - UC - 6th Round Royals

Black - JUCO & then UK & NY Mets

Johnson - Pirates draft pick

Hacker - Morehead State

Proccacino - William Carey

Collins - Bellarmine

Maley - NKU

Bertsch - NKU

Greene - Indiana

How many classes have had two preps selected in top 10 rounds of MLB draft? My guess is not many.

I believe a couple pitchers with Campbell Co also pitched at NKU - Haggard and Neace?

Is that Brandon Berger from Beechwood on your list?

If so, he was a '93 graduate... Drafted by WhiteSox, but went to college at EKU... Then drafted by the KC Royals...

I know Etler was really solid, surprised he didn't have a career in the majors... I think he got injured.

No, Matt Berger - his cousin. Neither Matt Berger nor Brandon Black were drafted out of high school.

To eliminate confusion amongst all of the Brandons and Bergers. I am referring to:

Matt Berger - CCH

Jelani Brandon - Lloyd

Brandon Black - Boone Co

Yes, Brandon Berger was in the following class.

Talented family...

Another first cousin, Jeremy Collins, also from the class of '92, pitched at Bellarmine, but was injured early.

I like 2014 a lot, but there will be more 2016 commits before it's all said and done... Plus Caple left UC before they got started... So, as good as he was, I can't include him..

You could also add Thornsburg-Pikeville to your list, but he also left school before the baseball season started.

There are kids on my list that will do the same thing. College athletics is really a tough grind, a lot of kids realize it's just not worth it once the realize that and decide to just move on. That 2014 class was a good one, thanks for posting truth.

I would say 92" was better than 2014. Time will tell what kids get added to the 2016 list . My guess would be the list will be bigger than the 2014 list. Some kids off the top of my head that could play college if they desire; Beechwood- Fieger, Rowe. Boone- Dahms, Hibbard, Elmore. Conner- Padgett ,Owens.Cooper- Turner, Sisson. Some of these kids have offers to Div 3 schools or NAIA .

Don't know how I forgot to put Slusher on my Beechwood list, but I did. I would also add Seay from Scott. I know there is a couple from Ryle and Borman from Conner. I really think NKY will see a lot of players going to all divisions of baseball from the class of 2016 and prove to be the strongest we have seen in this area and go on to do big things. What other kids could be added to the watch list?

Don't know how I forgot to put Slusher on my Beechwood list, but I did. I would also add Seay from Scott. I know there is a couple from Ryle and Borman from Conner. I really think NKY will see a lot of players going to all divisions of baseball from the class of 2016 and prove to be the strongest we have seen in this area and go on to do big things. What other kids could be added to the watch list?

Agree. As much as I loved the 2014 class, I think 2016 will have nearly double the number of kids going to the next level. Will a few drop out? Probably yes, but still think the sheer number of commits will be stronger than in many years.

Too add to your list... Apologize names are escaping me at the moment... But,

I know a couple of kids from Campbell Co should make it, as well as some SK kids and a couple from Brossart too...

I think when we evaluate we should evaluate based on the top. If a kid is solid and wants to play college baseball he's going to play at some school at some level. The top level is where we truly get the strength of a class.

1992 is going to be tough to beat.

If we are looking at KY as a whole, 2013 had two second rounders in the MLB draft out of high school...Hunter Green and Clinton Hollon. May be a long time before we see something like that again.

If we are looking at KY as a whole, 2013 had two second rounders in the MLB draft out of high school...Hunter Green and Clinton Hollon. May be a long time before we see something like that again.

That's a lot of bonus $$.