Randy Parker

Highlands 50 Woodford County 14

Never a contest. Running clock midway thru the second quarter. Woodford Co. did have three big linemen - I guess they are all D1 but they could not move the ball at all. Only points in the first half for Woodford Co. came on a kickoff return. HHS pretty much did what it wanted on both sides of the ball.

Them 'Birds... on the playoff trail. Bring it on.

Does HHS play Dixie next?

Go 'Birds!

This win moves HHS above the .500 mark for the first time all year, and assures that HHS will not finish the season with a losing record.

Friday night, first game of the playoffs, and Highlands is on the third page of the preps.:idunno:

Nice win for the birds. Dixie next.

I have a weird feeling this Highlands team is going to win state. I know I sound like a homer and Woodford did not have a great record. It just feels like they are improving and have a chip on their shoulder. The competition down the road are good squads but I don't think they are out of the 'birds reach at all. Highlands is at home until state if they can make it as well. Sounds crazy but it just feels like it is coming.

Dude, I'm as big of Highlands supporter as anyone, have been for 60 years but facts are facts. Are we playing better and cutting down on mistakes--yes. The big elephant in the room is 6 wins against teams that are 15-51 and 5 losses against teams that are 46-9. I have to put Pulaski Co. and Bowling Green in that class and round 3 against probably CovCath isn't a gimme either. I hope you are right but I learned to pick games with my head and not my heart when I dropped two weeks of lunch money on the Reds against the Yanks in the world series.

Dude, I'm as big of Highlands supporter as anyone, have been for 60 years but facts are facts. Are we playing better and cutting down on mistakes--yes. The big elephant in the room is 6 wins against teams that are 15-51 and 5 losses against teams that are 46-9. I have to put Pulaski Co. and Bowling Green in that class and round 3 against probably CovCath isn't a gimme either. I hope you are right but I learned to pick games with my head and not my heart when I dropped two weeks of lunch money on the Reds against the Yanks in the world series.
Perhaps Highlands should just pack it in and walk away after next week's game against Dixie, regardless of the outcome. Might as well accept the inevitable and move on to basketball... I think I know at least one HHS guy on BGP who would be happy doing this (hint: he typically hangs out in the high school basketball forum).

Highlands has a walk to the region championship, as does Covcath.

Highlands will beat Dixie next week. I think the chances are they get by Cov Cath at home (not a gimme whatsoever but I give the edge to H). Then Pulaski has to come up to Ft. Thomas with everything on the line and Highlands with nothing to lose. Ever seen Highlands with nothing to lose? Im not thinking with my heart, my brain is saying watch out for the under the radar 'birds. Then the state game is wear the Highlands mojo comes into effect. Watch out is all I'm saying.

Highlands will beat Dixie next week. I think the chances are they get by Cov Cath at home (not a gimme whatsoever but I give the edge to H). Then Pulaski has to come up to Ft. Thomas with everything on the line and Highlands with nothing to lose. Ever seen Highlands with nothing to lose? Im not thinking with my heart, my brain is saying watch out for the under the radar 'birds. Then the state game is wear the Highlands mojo comes into effect. Watch out is all I'm saying.

My heart and maybe even my brain tell me that a couple of bad bounces for the other guys we could do it. I really do hope the guys can do it. Remember though, if Bowling Green makes the finals it is basically a home game and we've got what, 5 hours plus on the bus.

Friday night, first game of the playoffs, and Highlands is on the third page of the preps.:idunno:

Nice win for the birds. Dixie next.

A lot of fair weather fans on BGP period.

A lot of fair weather fans on BGP period.
Damn Guru, you're crunkin on your own site!!! Better not let a mod read what you posted.