Randy Parker

5A Playoff Predictions

If Pulaski does beat Highlands, when was the last time Highlands lost a home playoff game?

Was the 2005 Highlands/LexCath playoff at HHS or LexCath?

Looking at the older KHSAA Scoreboards, you are correct about it being LexCath.

Was the 2005 Highlands/LexCath playoff at HHS or LexCath?

Yes, that would be it. I was there, the 'birds got beat pretty good by Lex Cath in the semi-finals. They had Burke(?) at QB, he was really good.

J

Owensboro vs Fern Creek

Highlands vs Pulaski

Owensboro vs Pulaski

Owensboro state champs.

I agree with the previous poster about OHS-BG. Whoever wins that game, IMO, wins state. Don't discount Fern Creek in the semis. They have a sneaky good team this year and could pull a "Graves County" and upset BG or OHS if they overlook them.

Also, selfishly, I'd like to see OHS-Highlands in the state title game. Highlands has denied OHS 3 state championships, and last year still has a bitter taste for most OHS folks. It'd be nice to exorcise that demon and get OHS their first football title since 1986.

Be careful what you wish for...

Yes, that would be it. I was there, the 'birds got beat pretty good by Lex Cath in the semi-finals. They had Burke(?) at QB, he was really good.

Here is a fun fact:

For every year beginning in 2003, HHS has either won a state championship or lost to the eventual state champion in the playoffs. This spans 3 different football classes.

The last time HHS lost a playoff game to a team did that not go on to win state was in 2002, against Rockcastle County. That year, HHS lost to RC in the state semifinal, and RC lost to Boyle County in the title game the following week.

I would love for OHS to play Highlands but don't think it will happen

J

Be careful what you wish for...

Naw man, I would really, really welcome that game. I have the upmost respect for Highlands but I'd love to see OHS have another shot at the Birds.

Of course there are several teams out there that can make it too. Gonna be a great tourney!

Here is a fun fact:

For every year beginning in 2003, HHS has either won a state championship or lost to the eventual state champion in the playoffs. This spans 3 different football classes.

The last time HHS lost a playoff game to a team did that not go on to win state was in 2002, against Rockcastle County. That year, HHS lost to RC in the state semifinal, and RC lost to Boyle County in the title game the following week.

Who does HHS play Friday?

Boy, and some say 4a is weak?

BG vs S Oldham

Cov catch vs Pulaski

BG vs CC

BG with running clock

Best game of 5A will be region 1 final with BG vs Owensboro

I just don't see owensboro getting past graves county..graves gave them all they wanted and could handle two weeks ago..i just think graves will beat greenwood and set up a showdown at rash with owensboro..many people will disagree with me and I respect that, but look at what graves did this time last year, upset warren central, beat bowling green, then John hardin, and only lost by 7 in the championship to Pulaski on a hell of a rainy night..all I will say is, never, ever, underestimate the eagles!!..imo

I just don't see owensboro getting past graves county..graves gave them all they wanted and could handle two weeks ago..i just think graves will beat greenwood and set up a showdown at rash with owensboro..many people will disagree with me and I respect that' date=' but look at what graves did this time last year, upset warren central, beat bowling green, then John hardin, and only lost by 7 in the championship to Pulaski on a hell of a rainy night..all I will say is, never, ever, underestimate the eagles!!..imo[/quote']

Game 1 was at Graves, game 2 would be at Rash. BIG difference.

Game 1 was at Graves, game 2 would be at Rash. BIG difference.

Perhaps, but just hope we get the chance to see!!..good luck to all teams!

I get what Eagle_Pride is saying and where he is coming from. Graves County is absolutely a dangerous team that is capable of upsetting anyone of a given night. They play hard and are well coached. I do think Graves is significantly less talented than OHS and BG, even last year. But they make you beat them and if you make mistakes, they capitalize. I didn't attend the OHS-Graves game this year but all accounts I heard said OHS played probably their worst game of the year and Graves executed their game plan (ie milking the play clock) to the max.

To say Graves can't beat OHS in a rematch would be wrong and arrogant. They absolutely could. However, I'm not sure Graves gets by Greenwood, and if they play OHS against at Rash....OHS will have the services of LB Tavian Board who missed the Graves game 2 weeks ago. He's a 6'2 230lb monster at MLB who's being looked at by several colleges.

I respect Graves but I'll take OHS in the rematch.