Ryle Raider fans, in case you haven't heard........

I could also make an argument that outside of Highlands, Cov Cath and Notre Dame that their athletic programs are at the top across the board in Nky. Many of their programs have enjoyed sustained success over the past several years. Could they or should they be better? Probably. Do they dominate? No. But to say there is something wrong or none of the programs enjoy long term success is false imo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully "Coach" Jackson will hang up her "coaching shoes" and realize that it's not the job for her. She may have been a good high school and college player but she certainly doesn't know how to "coach". Ryle was loaded with talent and she couldn't do anything with it. Hopefully they get a coach that can work with the talent and play to their strengths. They should win the regional this year! Chris Douthitt would be a great coach.

Should we slam the coach, or the "politics" that put her in those situations? As you say, it was more than just the coach; politics, parents, etc. More than just the coach to blame if your throwing stones. I don't disagree that plenty of talent was overlooked, and though the process, some players left, quit, and just didn't get play. It is what it is, next up will have to erase all of the drama, and take charge, and hopefully not be influenced by the "politics" involved, because they have not left.

If you are a candidate for this job, and get an interview, I believe you have to bring up the rather large degree of coaching turnover at Ryle the last 5 years. If this causes the interviewer any discomfort, or they try to redirect the question, walk. No point in accepting a job where administrators and/or parents expect you to be a "tool". It may very well kill your career. An inexperienced/young coach will get eaten alive in this job.

AGREE, it is going to be a tough job for anyone who might like the challenge. BUT, the talent is there and waiting, and if run correctly and the girls are finally PUSHED to their potential, I'd put them up against any team around. ESPECIALLY, if they hire someone who is an excellent game coach who also can get to know his players and their strengths. Word is the AD is going to do his best to try and announce a hire soon after dead period. May the BEST MAN/WOMAN for the job be picked. FINALLY.

Of course the problem is ALWAYS the coach...never the kids with whom the coach has to work with! As the daughter of a high school coach and now a wife of a high school coach I am tired of hearing it's always the coaches fault! Too many helicopter parents!!!

Also too many coaches that don't often enough look at THEMSELVES to see why a team is not being successful. This thread was started with the intention of putting it out there that there is a head coaching position OPEN at a large, local high school. Quite an opportunity for a person looking for a career challenge. If the previous coach wasn't cutting it, then people are going to talk about it. Sometimes IT IS the coach that's the problem. Check back mid season. Im betting you will see the Lady Raiders on a roll under new leadership.

It's seems to always be the coach, ask any parent who is not at practice. If I remember,Ryle was pretty darn good last year, only saw them once and they lost to regional runner up Holmes. Not sure what the ex coach did that was wrong, I am sure they won at least 20 games. I believe they were very young,this region,maybe the best in the state last year, Highland, Holmes and state champs Holy Cross were as good as anyone, so looking from the outside, Ryle had a very good season.

Also too many coaches that don't often enough look at THEMSELVES to see why a team is not being successful. This thread was started with the intention of putting it out there that there is a head coaching position OPEN at a large, local high school. Quite an opportunity for a person looking for a career challenge. If the previous coach wasn't cutting it, then people are going to talk about it. Sometimes IT IS the coach that's the problem. Check back mid season. Im betting you will see the Lady Raiders on a roll under new leadership.

And I'm betting that if they aren't, you will be back here to bash the new coach.

Ryle "churns" out DI athletes really? In 23 years they have had 1 boys basketball player, 2 Girls basketballplayers, 2 Softball players and 3 baseball players go DI. Not sure on all sports but I would guess that it is not much different than most large schools in Nky.

And 3 wrestlers.