Scott 54 Harrison County 53 (10th Region Semi-Finals)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Ohmer leads all scorers with 26 points. Blake Schneider adds 13 for Scott.

Trenton Thompson goes for 17 & 12 in the losing effort. D.J. Jenkins gets 16, but missed 2 costly free throws with 8 seconds left.

So why in the world do you try a 3 pointer when you are down 1 and have the ball out under your own basket with 5 seconds left in the game? A 3 pointer is not a high percentage shot in case they didn't know. Unreal!

A better question is how do three officials miss an obvious lane violation on Scott with 8 seconds to go

A better question is how do three officials miss an obvious lane violation on Scott with 8 seconds to go

I wasn't there to see the lane violation, but with Thompson and Jenkins inside and the ball under your own basket with 5 seconds to go and you shoot a 3! I have a very hard time understanding that move. Hopefully someone who was there and a witness to the finish can help me to better understand.

Is it too early to congratulate Campbell County on the 10th Region Championship?

Why's that? Some did the same about this game and look at the outcome. Never, ever count out a Brad Carr coached team this time of year no matter the district championship outcome. Will be a totally different game..

I wasn't there to see the lane violation, but with Thompson and Jenkins inside and the ball under your own basket with 5 seconds to go and you shoot a 3! I have a very hard time understanding that move. Hopefully someone who was there and a witness to the finish can help me to better understand.

RP or mcpapa, what happened? Give us the details

So why in the world do you try a 3 pointer when you are down 1 and have the ball out under your own basket with 5 seconds left in the game? A 3 pointer is not a high percentage shot in case they didn't know. Unreal!

It was pretty obvious he wasn't the player chosen to take the shot. They passed it in to their tallest player (so Scott couldn't get it) and he was probably supposed to pass it. But he was in a panic and couldn't find anyone open. And knowing there was les than 5 seconds left he put up a shot.

RP or mcpapa, what happened? Give us the details

I have a hard time believing that was the designed play. With both Pulliam and thompson on opposite blocks,

I believe Pulliam popped out to receive, but was to throw back inside to Thompson. Just a hunch. Great effort by Scott on both ends of the floor and by Harrison who did the same. This was definitely like a heavy weight boxing match that could have ended in a tie if it was boxing. Unbelievable game and atmosphere!!