Lawnboy13

Holmes 58 Newport Central Catholic 51 (9th Region Quarterfinals)

Bolden wasn't going to be denied tonight..18 second half points. Big second half by Avery as well. Had a really nice oop dunk over McDonald and had a couple key buckets down the stretch to help seal it for Holmes.

Going to miss watching those Newcath seniors play. One of the best group of boys you'll come across who also come from great families.

Bolden wasn't going to be denied tonight..18 second half points. Big second half by Avery as well. Had a really nice oop dunk over McDonald and had a couple key buckets down the stretch to help seal it for Holmes.

Going to miss watching those Newcath seniors play. One of the best group of boys you'll come across who also come from great families.

That's a first class post Walter.

How many of NewCath's current varsity basketball players reside in Fort Thomas?

How many of NewCath's current varsity basketball players reside in Fort Thomas?

Zero seniors. I think the Anderson twins (juniors) live in Ft. Thomas.

Was hoping to see NCC at state. Now hoping for either Bolden or the colonel crazies

Well I got the whoever makes the most free throw part correct. Congrats to Holmes.

Was hoping to see NCC at state. Now hoping for either Bolden or the colonel crazies

I love the Crazies but I would love to see Bolden on the big stage at Rupp. First things first though....Dixie Heights.

Hard to believe NCC hasnt won a region title with the talent they've had.

Yes. This. What can we point to as the reason? Thoughts...

Is it time for a change at Newcath! The talent has been there from Brannen and Dawn and could not get it done. Does not get any easier from here!

Impressive win by Holmes, as usual my prediction wasn't even close. As for NCC, will miss those seniors. Clearly everyone wants to win but the NCC team really took the loss hard. Best of luck to those departing.

From the prediction thread -

BlacknGold, colonel-fan, Cord of Wood, FatNate, nkufan23, Purple, SportsGuy41017, TheRealDeal

Wow, ALOT of people said NCC double digits in the prediction thread.

Going to pat myself on the back, there were 8 of us who picked Holmes.

Just my opinion...how does a team like NCC the past 3~4 years, don't go to state. Clearly the best team in the ninth, hasn't finished at the end of the season. Just saying.